The Student Room Group

Child Nursing at BCU...Uniform?

This may sound silly..
But how do I get my uniform for my uni course?
I'm starting in September at BCU, will they tell me where to get a uniform?
I'm sure I heard students are expected to wear it whenever on campus, not only on placements and in clinical environments
If you go on BCU's website, the contact details for nursing will be there somewhere. I'd suggest emailing them to ask for details of what the uniform requirements are, where you can get it & when you have to wear it. I'd be surprised if you have to wear it for lectures on campus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jud1
This may sound silly..
But how do I get my uniform for my uni course?
I'm starting in September at BCU, will they tell me where to get a uniform?
I'm sure I heard students are expected to wear it whenever on campus, not only on placements and in clinical environments

Hi there,
Congratulations on getting a place at BCU, we can't wait for you to join us in September. Regarding nursing uniforms, students are fitted for and issued their uniforms during welcome week, students will need to purchase their own shoes though. We hope you find this helpful, any other questions feel free to ask.

Rebecca (BCU Team)
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi there,
Congratulations on getting a place at BCU, we can't wait for you to join us in September. Regarding nursing uniforms, students are fitted for and issued their uniforms during welcome week, students will need to purchase their own shoes though. We hope you find this helpful, any other questions feel free to ask.

Rebecca (BCU Team)

Does uniform need to be worn on campus?
Original post by artemissy

I can't speak for BCU but I know many nursing courses require uniform to be worn when in clinical skills lectures. I may be wrong but this is what I have seen done.
Original post by artemissy

You'll mostly only have to wear your uniforms on placement. However further into your course you may have some clinical days on campus where you'll need to wear your uniform. You'll be told well in advance about this, though.

Sam (BCU Team)
Hi I’m starting diagnostic radiography next year, do they allow skirts to be worn on placement for religious reasons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending