Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This may sound silly..
    But how do I get my uniform for my uni course?
    I'm starting in September at BCU, will they tell me where to get a uniform?
    I'm sure I heard students are expected to wear it whenever on campus, not only on placements and in clinical environments

ReputationRep:
    If you go on BCU's website, the contact details for nursing will be there somewhere. I'd suggest emailing them to ask for details of what the uniform requirements are, where you can get it & when you have to wear it. I'd be surprised if you have to wear it for lectures on campus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Jud1)
    This may sound silly..
    But how do I get my uniform for my uni course?
    I'm starting in September at BCU, will they tell me where to get a uniform?
    I'm sure I heard students are expected to wear it whenever on campus, not only on placements and in clinical environments
    Hi there,
    Congratulations on getting a place at BCU, we can't wait for you to join us in September. Regarding nursing uniforms, students are fitted for and issued their uniforms during welcome week, students will need to purchase their own shoes though. We hope you find this helpful, any other questions feel free to ask.

Rebecca (BCU Team)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birmingham City University)
    Hi there,
    Congratulations on getting a place at BCU, we can't wait for you to join us in September. Regarding nursing uniforms, students are fitted for and issued their uniforms during welcome week, students will need to purchase their own shoes though. We hope you find this helpful, any other questions feel free to ask.

Rebecca (BCU Team)
    Does uniform need to be worn on campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artemissy)
    I can't speak for BCU but I know many nursing courses require uniform to be worn when in clinical skills lectures. I may be wrong but this is what I have seen done.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by artemissy)
    You'll mostly only have to wear your uniforms on placement. However further into your course you may have some clinical days on campus where you'll need to wear your uniform. You'll be told well in advance about this, though.

Sam (BCU Team)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.