Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am starting an LLM in September and am seriously considering taking the LPC part time alongside this. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has done this or something similar?

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you are even allowed to do this?

I also don't know what LLM you're doing but I assume you're doing it because you enjoy the area of law. All the extra things that are available to LLM students to do by virtue of being LLMs makes it extremely time consuming - I doubt you would give yourself the best opportunity to enjoy your LLM if you did them both together in any case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arew201)
    Hi I am starting an LLM in September and am seriously considering taking the LPC part time alongside this. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has done this or something similar?
    I've never heard of anyone doing this and I probably wouldn't recommend it unless you are certain you can dedicate a lot of time to studying and assessments don't clash.

I am not sure what the benefit would be of doing both at the same time, especially if the LPC is part time. Why not just do it full time after completing the LLM and you'll probably finish earlier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You must be very clever and quite wealthy if you can afford to fund both at the same time. Youobviously have some reason for doing the LLM and wnating to do it this way.

ReputationRep:
    Don't

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.