Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi i just wondered do u think that tight flared jeans are more for 12/13 year olds than 18 and upwards. just that ive bought a new pair and realised they make me look more like a kid :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    hi i just wondered do u think that tight flared jeans are more for 12/13 year olds than 18 and upwards. just that ive bought a new pair and realised they make me look more like a kid :confused:
    where did you get them from?
    Looking for a pair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    where did you get them from?
    Looking for a pair!
    lol, new look for £26

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    tight jeans.......

You want baggy ones, the baggier the better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    lol, new look for £26
    Did you try them on before you bought them? I usually don't bother and then realise afterwards that maybe i should have :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I second that. The baggier, and the more they hang off your hips the better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Did you try them on before you bought them? I usually don't bother and then realise afterwards that maybe i should have :rolleyes:
    yea but the mirrors in the changing cubicle are very decieving!

ReputationRep:
    I think flared jeans are coming back into fashion ... something which my parents find very amusing, since flared jeans were in fashion in their youth (those many decades ago -_-)

As for what's in 'fashion' I tend to stay out of that, because it'll only change in a few months. I generally buy jeans from Topman (mainly becuase I get student discount, har har), at they look 'fashionable' but not OTT.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, baggy jeans seem to be in...
    but don't worry, I have a tight pair which sounds similar to yours....so what if it makes you look younger!...no, seriously, they are meant for everyone..no specific age limits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    Yup, baggy jeans seem to be in...
    but don't worry, I have a tight pair which sounds similar to yours....so what if it makes you look younger!...no, seriously, they are meant for everyone..no specific age limits!
    do u mean baggy as in what mosha's etc wear lol, or just straight plain jeans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    The latter!...
    plain straight.....actually I also kinda like the bell bottom type (if u know what I mean) ones as well...don't own one but I think it will look good..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    I mean grunger jeans, and a nice chain can't hurt either.

ReputationRep:
    The latter!...
    plain straight.....actually I also kinda like the bell bottom type (if u know what I mean) ones as well...don't own one but I think it will look good..
    I tend to prefer straight jeans but i have a few pairs that are slightly flared.

ReputationRep:
    The latter!...
    im guessing you mean those that are folded up at the bottom the ones i really hate are the 3 quater ones (no offence to any1 whos got them)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    im guessing you mean those that are folded up at the bottom the ones i really hate are the 3 quater ones (no offence to any1 whos got them)
    Yeah..I knida also don't like the 3 quarters (makes my legs look fat!)..but I meant the kind that are really tight at the top to the knees and then flare out -like bells- at the bottom...

ReputationRep:
    Baggy is good, but now that i'm 18, it's just getting too casual.

If everybody wore the shape of jeans that were fashionable at the time, most people would look rubbish. Buy jeans that you like, that suit your personal style, and most of all, ones that flatter your figure. Who cares if a certain type of jeans are in? If they make your arse look huge that's not good.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a nice pair of jeans and had to make a tough choice about a fortnight ago. One size was a perfect fit! This rarely happens, as I'm quite tall, but fairly thin around the waist. The other size was baggy, with a lot of excess on the leg.

I chose the baggier ones.

Even on baggier jeans I'm a fan of turn-ups though, they can look quite neat when done properly on the right pair of jeans.

ReputationRep:
    i need to have jeans with a kick flare or somehting similar- proper straight legs focus the attention on my hips and bum which ain't good...i look like a weeble character. generally botcut styles have stayed in fashion because they are so flattering to the figure.

ReputationRep:
    I like the flare jeans and out of all the jeans that I have not even one is not flared...I hate those plain stiff jeans...but love the 3 quarter ones esp with nice high heel slippers

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.