Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

jeans and fashion watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I mean grunger jeans, and a nice chain can't hurt either.
    Sure... if you want to look like some foolish 'mosher' :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    hi i just wondered do u think that tight flared jeans are more for 12/13 year olds than 18 and upwards. just that ive bought a new pair and realised they make me look more like a kid :confused:
    lol... i LIVE in flared jeans! lol. Well, bootcut, slightly flared ones anyway. (tho i do own looser ones) Im not a big fan of the straight leg variety but thats only cos i dont think they suit me... im petite u see... i need the height! lol

I find cords annoying tho... they get baggy after a while, and its not very flattering when theyre baggy.... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    What is this world coming to? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I mean grunger jeans, and a nice chain can't hurt either.
    you mean, so people can think you crapped in your pants?

If you want girls to look at your arse for the right reason, and not the wrong reason, you should wear jeans that aren't too baggy in that area.

ReputationRep:
    I think I should I mention at this point how much I love jeans. They tend to be blue, a colour you can't really go wrong with and they look so much classier than short skirts (especially on me, but let's not go into that :rolleyes: ). Yes I love jeans.

*edit* I'm sorry I forgot something - a lot of women seem to think that those half-mast jeans (you know, the ones which don't reach the ankles by several inches) are fashionable. I see so many people wearing them and they are terrible, in my opinion anyway. I think a couple of members have already mentioned this here, but I'd like to put in a special request that anyone considering wearing them shouldn't, makes people look like the under-fives who want to paddle in the sea without getting their clothes wet. And some of you worry about wearing clothes for 12-13 year olds...please please please avoid them like the plague .

If any of you can honestly promise not to wear them I might give you some rep, if I still have some to dish out by the end of the day. It'll be worth it I tell you .

ReputationRep:
    FLARED JEANS:
    How well they look only depends of what else you are wearing with it let me remind you.

Eletric Magic: I have a pair of those, and they look great on me, but its becuase the rest of what I wear with it doesnt over-do the look too much.

ReputationRep:
    Go to selfridges and get then to match you to "the ideal" pair of jeans!- Its good and they are honest abuot how awful/good you look in different pairs!
    Personally I hate spray on tight jeans- the people that tend to buy them can't find the right fit- at least not in london!
    I prefer wideleg ones- try jnf, zara and in harrods.

You don't need to follow fashion to look good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    im guessing you mean those that are folded up at the bottom the ones i really hate are the 3 quater ones (no offence to any1 whos got them)
    you need to have very good shaped legs to carry off 3/4 length jeans

ReputationRep:
    ithink flared or slightly boot cut jeans make your legs look longer, esp if you wear slightly longer ones with high heels. (they also help to balance out a big bum! )

ReputationRep:
    gap "long and lean"s are my favorite, i particularly like the fact i got a pair of size 2s last week!!!
    either that or worker jeans out the mens department... like them too.
    oh yeah... and EARL jeans... all girls go buy some now, you will not regret it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Shines_)

You don't need to follow fashion to look good!
    I think its sad how the word fashion and what it means has lost touch these days. The teeny Bopper Magazines have turned it into some sort of 'monster' if I may say so myself. It used to be an art form but now this is the view which is being presented to the youth through teeny bopper magazines, that fashion is a mass thing that everyone has to adhere to despite being of different sizes and colours.

I will be the first to admit everytime that red is NOT my colour, and stonewash jeans do nothing for me, so if someone is pushing some dodgy red tops or stonewash jeans I will refuse to get them no matter how many people have them.

Who was this origionally directed at? Oh yes, Alio, If they look good on you and you look great in them to hell if they make you look younger! In 20 years time you will be screaming for your youth back!

ReputationRep:
    I hate those jeans which are really baggy and drag along the floor when you walk. I could never own a pair. The other day I saw this girl walking to my sixth form college (which is basically surrounded by fields) and she had grass and twigs and stuff getting caught at the ends of her jeans because they were all frayed. I have nightmares about stuff like that.

Also a pet hate, those guy who wear really baggy jeans but then wear a really loose belt with it so that their jeans are basically below their arse. That's just plain wrong. Belts were invented for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    hi i just wondered do u think that tight flared jeans are more for 12/13 year olds than 18 and upwards. just that ive bought a new pair and realised they make me look more like a kid :confused:
    Wear tight jeans. :rolleyes:

To hell with fashion.

ReputationRep:
    awwww flares would be SO cool

ACTUALLY, still want a pair of those Levi's with the twisted whadya-call-it.. they're quite groovy actually methinks! No?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I think its sad how the word fashion and what it means has lost touch these days. The teeny Bopper Magazines have turned it into some sort of 'monster' if I may say so myself. It used to be an art form but now this is the view which is being presented to the youth through teeny bopper magazines, that fashion is a mass thing that everyone has to adhere to despite being of different sizes and colours.

I will be the first to admit everytime that red is NOT my colour, and stonewash jeans do nothing for me, so if someone is pushing some dodgy red tops or stonewash jeans I will refuse to get them no matter how many people have them.

Who was this origionally directed at? Oh yes, Alio, If they look good on you and you look great in them to hell if they make you look younger! In 20 years time you will be screaming for your youth back!
    What I notice too is that younger people don't realise that there isn't one "fashion". I think we should even talk about "fashions".
    You can't just say that a clothes item is fashionable or not.
    Fashions change depending on the country or even region you live in, it depends on the kind of person you hang out with.
    Unconciously, after living in France, then Canada, I changed my perception of what was fashionable and ended up dressing differently without even noticing.

Someone might be considered "fashionable" in a certain place and then realise that in a different place, they're not.
    I think a lot of high school students going to uni will realise this...

ReputationRep:
    I'm male but always buy my jeans in size 34" (I'm 32 really but like the slightly baggy look) and BOOT CUT. Boot Cut is essential - not normal ('straight leg'?), and flared would make me look homosexual, which I'm not.

ReputationRep:
    umm isn't this thread about 5 years too late. i thought flared jeans came back into fashion years ago and then dropped off for a bit. Going back to what other people said if you wear what suits you, youc an't really go wrong with jeans. Like I know that i need either boot cut or flare jeans. However, jeans that have too big a flare drown me out becase i'm only short.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.