Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What broadband company would you recommend and why?

Currently with talktalk which has been fine until a few weeks ago. Now my connection is 0.2mb download, was at 12mb ish. So I am considering changing. Apparently I can get fibre broadband too so I will upgrade to that if I can. Just want to know what ISPs use British call centres (for customer support) and what ones I should avoid.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not Plusnet. It's incredibly slow.

ReputationRep:
    Virgin media. Cannot fault them with 60Mbps download speeds

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it would depend on where you live. Some companies have better coverage than others in the countryside and vice versa

(Original post by z.amin)
    Virgin media. Cannot fault them with 60Mbps download speeds

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Gogregg)
    I think it would depend on where you live. Some companies have better coverage than others in the countryside and vice versa
    Yeah I checked with virgin, they do not do my area, but BT does. However if BT turns out to have a poor rep with customers then I will definitely avoid. Sky also do my area but I wouldnt trust them anymore than a nonce at a playground. They promise you good deals and then slap on charges come bill time saying that "this and that" wasnt included in "THAT price" etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulse.)
    Definitely not Plusnet. It's incredibly slow.
    Depends on the area and how far away you are from your local exchange. But another vote for Virgin from me.

ReputationRep:
    Not AOL.

BT are alright but I've noticed a decline compared to 2-3 years ago. I'm guessing they didn't increase their capacity enough to match all the new customers gained as a result of BT Sport.

Edit: Duh, just realised this is an old thread dug up by someone phishing.

(Original post by JamesN88)
    Not AOL.

BT are alright but I've noticed a decline compared to 2-3 years ago. I'm guessing they didn't increase their capacity enough to match all the new customers gained as a result of BT Sport.

Edit: Duh, just realised this is an old thread dug up by someone phishing.
    Dont matter. These are the kind of threads that can be useful for a very long time. Sometimes when googling for info, I will arrive at threads posted years ago which provide invaluable advice, opinions etc.

I was with AOL many many years ago before moving to talktalk. It was due to similar reasons I changed. My connection is now fixed (after like 6 weeks of phone calls, engineers and BS) and have just stuck with it. Having checked out other providers, none of them are without abysmal feedback. Seems these things will always have to go through the motions.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.