Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi every1 i need some advice, i passed my driven test a year ago and have not driven a car since i passed as been a student i could not afford a car. Anyway my boyfrind has bought me a car today and when i went to drive it i got all nervous and scared and began to panick i think i will have to start from the beginning again does any1 have any tips. Thanks.x

ReputationRep:
    Drive in a Car Park or quiet streets to give bit of confidence. I doubt you have forgotten how to drive that quickly!

ReputationRep:
    Drive with someone who knows what they're doing supervising you for a few journeys to build up your confidence. You'll be fine.

Suggest posting this in the motoring forum though.

ReputationRep:
    Try learning English before you post next time

ReputationRep:
    Dolgeniog - Ca buchedd

Little Dawn - like t'other two said, find somewhere quiet and get some more time in behind the wheel, it'll come back.
    If you do find that you're really having problems you can probably get an hour or so with an instructor in a dual control car to bring you back up to speed (sry, no pun intended). I know it's easier to say than to do but do try and relax behind the wheel.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dolgeniog)
    Try learning English before you post next time

Dont make fun of my English you arse im dyslexic if you have nothing nice to say to people dont say anything at all:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mountainmetman)
    Dolgeniog - Ca buchedd

Little Dawn - like t'other two said, find somewhere quiet and get some more time in behind the wheel, it'll come back.
    If you do find that you're really having problems you can probably get an hour or so with an instructor in a dual control car to bring you back up to speed (sry, no pun intended). I know it's easier to say than to do but do try and relax behind the wheel.
    Good luck!
    Thanks for the advice.x

ReputationRep:
    don't panic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    don't panic
    mr manwering, don't panic!...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for advice everyone.x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Dawn)
    Hi every1 i need some advice, i passed my driven test a year ago and have not driven a car since i passed as been a student i could not afford a car. Anyway my boyfrind has bought me a car today and when i went to drive it i got all nervous and scared and began to panick i think i will have to start from the beginning again does any1 have any tips. Thanks.x
    What a great boyfriend

I'd go somewhere quiet and get used to the clutch and sensitivity of the car , it'll get easier. And besides, there have been lots of people who don't drive until 3/4 years after uni and it isn't even that bad for them either. Good luck and enjoy driving!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position at the moment too. Passed my test in february and I'm only now starting to look for my first car. I feel really nervous about driving again even though its only really been 5 months.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know its hard I feel more nervous now than I did when I was learning to drive but iv been out in my car a few times and its starting to come back to me now but still havent been on the motorways yet that scares me. Good luck finding a car.x Congrats for passing your test.x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linka1)
    What a great boyfriend

I'd go somewhere quiet and get used to the clutch and sensitivity of the car , it'll get easier. And besides, there have been lots of people who don't drive until 3/4 years after uni and it isn't even that bad for them either. Good luck and enjoy driving!
    Thanks yeah he is defently marrage material well we are engaged. I did my driven lessons and test at Durham dont know how i passed to be honest.x

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.