Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend have been arguing alot lately over absolutely nothing, recently in the past 6 months he has been going behind my back or lying to me about certain situations such as drinking alcohol all the time and general problems like so, im not sure if this happes with anyone else if other people have these problems but I feel really distant from him, I feel like he is trying to push me away and trying to get away from me, when really im just trying to help him, and also his friends are constantly getting in between us both, I see him usually 3 days a week and his friends moan that im with him and they all hate me when they have no reason to, I am pushed to my whits end with this, I dont know what to do or how to deal with it because everytime i go to speak to him calmly about our problems he just shouts at me and walks away from me, his best mate especially gets in between us the most and he is indeed the reason we argue half of the time but my boyfriend doesnt seem to realise it and when his best mate criticises me my boyfriend doesnt back me up or ask him to stop. I am just trying to take care of him and help him because he now has work commitments but we still manage to argue and its always about something his mates say.

On his prom night he got drunk and was not capable of walking home, so I asked my friend kindly to call him a taxi and to make sure he gets home safely, and one of his mates phoned me up and told me to leave him the f*** alone and that he doesnt care about me, and that he got off with another girl. Which was not the truth because i asked everyone that was there and they all said no.

Sorry this is so long guys but I just want things to get better.
    And also not to mention we have been together for a year on Friday 22nd July and I still feel like im wasting time.

ReputationRep:
    If he's lying to you all the time, that means he can't be trusted. Can you be with someone you can't trust?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    If he's lying to you all the time, that means he can't be trusted. Can you be with someone you can't trust?
    He only lies to me about his drinking nothing else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiarebecca)
    It could lead onto other things, I'm just thinking of the bigger picture here.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    And also not to mention we have been together for a year on Friday 22nd July and I still feel like im wasting time.
    This alone says you need to get rid of him and move on. If it's been a year and you feel like you're wasting your time then you probably are. Drop this asshat and move on. Find someone that appreciates you, doesn't lie and so on.

ReputationRep:
    what a stupid thing to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    what a stupid thing to say
    What on earth is stupid about this? he has better commitments and drinking alcohol is not one of them, he is learning how to be more of an adult going to parties and drinking alcohol all the time wont get you any further then the toilet.

ReputationRep:
    Im assuming what you say is true, and you really are worrying about him and trying to help him out.

Im usually really sceptical about these things, but he seems like a right a$$hat. If you cant trust him about a simple thing like alcohol, how can you trust him about more serious things? I would never even consider dating a girl that goes to parties frequently because that already tells me a lot about that person.

Having a girlfriend that genuinly cares about her boyfriend is extremely rare these days, and he's f**ing it up. I have no respect for him.

In the end you have to make the decision though, but from what you wrote I can only suggest you make him take a hike.

ReputationRep:
    What on earth is stupid about this? he has better commitments and drinking alcohol is not one of them, he is learning how to be more of an adult going to parties and drinking alcohol all the time wont get you any further then the toilet.
    The fact you say ' He only lies to me about his drinking nothing else'

How do you know he doesn't lie to you about anything else? and your here saying he only lies to you about drinking lmao

stop thinking so narrow minded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    The fact you say ' He only lies to me about his drinking nothing else'

How do you know he doesn't lie to you about anything else? and your here saying he only lies to you about drinking lmao

stop thinking so narrow minded
    Because thats the only thing I have found out. lol read it properly.

ReputationRep:
    you sound like a genuine nice person and you deserve someone better whos going to appreciate you - opinion from an outsider

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iris Hickson)
    you sound like a genuine nice person and you deserve someone better whos going to appreciate you - opinion from an outsider
    Thank you so much, see he is really sly about himself one minute he is really angry or just being really stupid and pathetic and the next minute he wants to be my best friend and give me all the affection in the world and im very confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie501)
    Im assuming what you say is true, and you really are worrying about him and trying to help him out.

Im usually really sceptical about these things, but he seems like a right a$$hat. If you cant trust him about a simple thing like alcohol, how can you trust him about more serious things? I would never even consider dating a girl that goes to parties frequently because that already tells me a lot about that person.

Having a girlfriend that genuinly cares about her boyfriend is extremely rare these days, and he's f**ing it up. I have no respect for him.

In the end you have to make the decision though, but from what you wrote I can only suggest you make him take a hike.
    Its very weird though, because he wasnt like this during the first 5/6 months, he was so down and focused on his life and his health and him being happy and now he as just drifted from it, im just supporting him in being a better person, and im trying to do everything I can to help him and he says sorry but does it again

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, see he is really sly about himself one minute he is really angry or just being really stupid and pathetic and the next minute he wants to be my best friend and give me all the affection in the world and im very confused.
    keep in mind that if you do break up with him it may not be the very end. it may push him to realise that he needs you and he will start appreciating you again and u may get back together when ur both more mature
    or breaking up will show you that you are alot happier without him and it will open the door to other guys you didn't even know were there

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.