Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

A couple of years ago we introduced a new Text Editor (the thing you use for writing threads and posts). Nowadays, less than 3% of members use the old text editor so we are going to remove use of the old one and force everyone onto the new one.

This is because we can no longer support the old technology and we need to move all of our attention to the new version of TSR.

We will be switching everyone across in the next day or two.

Thanks,

Jack
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    inb4 the oldies who still use the old text editor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    inb4 the oldies who still use the old text editor
    Lol I'm hoping this isn't too controversial a change! It has been a few years now
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Lol I'm hoping this isn't too controversial a change! It has been a few years now
    Haha, well, I guess we'll see who's really stuck in the mud
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Only at 4 posts after 24 hours?Can't be controversial! Or maybe when the change is made people will flock to this thread?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hi everyone,

A couple of years ago we introduced a new Text Editor (the thing you use for writing threads and posts). Nowadays, less than 3% of members use the old text editor so we are going to remove use of the old one and force everyone onto the new one.

This is because we can no longer support the old technology and we need to move all of our attention to the new version of TSR.

We will be switching everyone across in the next day or two.

Thanks,

Jack
    Which one is the old one?

I changed a few days ago (before I read this thread) to see what it was like, and my phone refused to let me use predictive text, spell check, or anything other than hit each key one at a time and write the whole word myself
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    But, I liked the old one better :sad:

There was a reason I switched back when this was rolled out initially :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    But, I liked the old one better :sad:

There was a reason I switched back when this was rolled out initially :lol:
    Sorry I guess in the long run it will be good, because with you and other regular users using the new one, we'll be able to identify all the reasons why you preferred the old one and make the new one better
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Sorry I guess in the long run it will be good, because with you and other regular users using the new one, we'll be able to identify all the reasons why you preferred the old one and make the new one better
    It seems a lot better than when i last used it, so maybe I spoke too soon!

Kudos to the Dev Team for taking out what was buggy in this one, that was the main frustration I had with it before. If nothing else, it's a welcome relief that my Quick Reply now works; that was broken on the old editor :lol:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I switched to the old one as there were a lot of glitches that drove me mad (such as no spacing when typing ) I also couldn't auto type on my phone. Has this been resolved? If so, I support this change
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    I switched to the old one as there were a lot of glitches that drove me mad (such as no spacing when typing ) I also couldn't auto type on my phone. Has this been resolved? If so, I support this change
    It seems a lot smoother and all the bugs I recall I haven't noticed again yet, so fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    It seems a lot better than when i last used it, so maybe I spoke too soon!

Kudos to the Dev Team for taking out what was buggy in this one, that was the main frustration I had with it before. If nothing else, it's a welcome relief that my Quick Reply now works; that was broken on the old editor :lol:
    It seems a lot smoother and all the bugs I recall I haven't noticed again yet, so fingers crossed!
    Yes, I'm sure most things are now fixed.

The only thing I am aware of is that when you copy and paste things from word docs and emails, the formatting does get lost sometimes. One day this will be fixed.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    What about the asterisks? *

ReputationRep:
    What old text

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    What about the asterisks? *
    Is that a real bug? :lol:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Correct
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yeah, I'll @ you behind the scenes, there's a video of it.

ReputationRep:
    Editing posts has now become a bit of a nightmare. Style > substance. Terrible idea, along with 'improving' search :facepalm2:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Captain Jack

Doing the editor on my phone is a serious nightmare (have a HTC M8 with the latest update). Predictive texts (which is useful as it autocorrects when I type fast) doesn't work and has seriously put me off from using the site on my phone
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Captain Jack

Doing the editor on my phone is a serious nightmare (have a HTC M8 with the latest update). Predictive texts (which is useful as it autocorrects when I type fast) doesn't work and has seriously put me off from using the site on my phone
    I suffer something chronic with this. It weirdly gets sooooo slow. It also happens on my mac too. :indiff:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.