Turn on thread page Beta

Charity Fundraising recruitment agencies...what is your feedback? watch

ReputationRep:
    There are many different recruitment agencies out there that offer charity fundraising roles. Does anybody have any feedback for any of the charities or agencies? What were the people like you worked with? What was the company culture/atmosphere like? How well did they treat you as an employee?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4RealBlud)
    There are many different recruitment agencies out there that offer charity fundraising roles. Does anybody have any feedback for any of the charities or agencies? What were the people like you worked with? What was the company culture/atmosphere like? How well did they treat you as an employee?
    Most recruitment agencies are scumbags. It really is the wild west out there. Charity work really is very unstable in my experience. Unless you're with one of the big boys in a non-fundraising role you could be out of a job the next month. Chasing funding really is stressful.

Always carry on looking for a permanent non-agency role whilst working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    Most recruitment agencies are scumbags. It really is the wild west out there. Charity work really is very unstable in my experience. Unless you're with one of the big boys in a non-fundraising role you could be out of a job the next month. Chasing funding really is stressful.

Always carry on looking for a permanent non-agency role whilst working.
    That may be true but there are plenty out there who are making a long-term living out of it. I think it's just a matter of whether you're good enough at it to keep the job. At the end of the day, if you're not signing anyone up then you're making a living off donations that are intended to those most in need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4RealBlud)
    That may be true but there are plenty out there who are making a long-term living out of it. I think it's just a matter of whether you're good enough at it to keep the job. At the end of the day, if you're not signing anyone up then you're making a living off donations that are intended to those most in need.
    i'd do it on the side. If you're amazing at it and can make a career from it then go ahead

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    i'd do it on the side. If you're amazing at it and can make a career from it then go ahead

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, all i need to do is keep it up for the duration of this summer - sorted

Who've you worked for then so far?

ReputationRep:
    I take it you're talking about street fundraising. The ROI figures tend to be pretty low and the public generally don't like it.

If you're interested in a career in fundraising I suggest you get in touch with a charity and volunteer or look for an internship.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.