Turn on thread page Beta

uni fees - whos paying watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    who's paying all your tutition fees for university? my parents won't pay mine coz im not gonna get the high grades they expected

ReputationRep:
    my parents are paying accommodation and tuition fees

ReputationRep:
    I have to pay for all my fees. :mad:

Does anyone help pay fees if you are from a poor background?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I have to pay for all my fees. :mad:

Does anyone help pay fees if you are from a poor background?
    Yeah, if your parents earn less than a certain amount (£21, 000 I think, not sure), the fees are paid for you.

ReputationRep:
    my parents are earning just over the amount needed to get free tutition i dont think its fair i should pay coz its their fault i have to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Yeah, if your parents earn less than a certain amount (£21, 000 I think, not sure), the fees are paid for you.
    Well this is what happened. When i completed those loan forms my Dad had to take the C12 paper to his work for them to write how much he earns a year, however, they also put overtime which comes over the amount you stated. Does that mean i would get any help?

ReputationRep:
    Well this is what happened. When i completed those loan forms my Dad had to take the C12 paper to his work for them to write how much he earns a year, however, they also put overtime which comes over the amount you stated. Does that mean i would get any help?
    To be honest, I haven't got a clue. Check with PQ (or maybe there's info on www.studentsupportdirect.co.uk).

ReputationRep:
    My parents will pay everything...though I think they have forgotten about accomadation! I've only just convinced them to let me stay at uni accomadation. They wanted to buy me a house there first!

If your family income is over £20K, then you won't get any help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    To be honest, I haven't got a clue. Check with PQ (or maybe there's info on www.studentsupportdirect.co.uk).
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Manchester LEA pay all mine and my sisters fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Manchester LEA pay all mine and my sisters fees.
    How and why? If you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    How and why? If you don't mind me asking?
    Because my parents earn less than £21k a year, so you the LEA will pay your fees for you. Most students in the UK don't pay all there fees. Most just pay a contribution.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fortunate that my parents are paying for mine

ReputationRep:
    I'm paying all my tuiton fees and accommodation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    My parents will pay everything...though I think they have forgotten about accomadation! I've only just convinced them to let me stay at uni accomadation. They wanted to buy me a house there first!
    i think my dad was looking into buying me a house for 2nd and 3rd year for me to share with other people (that hopefully i'll meet). i think it would be unwise to not be on campus first year as u wudnt feel as involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    who's paying all your tutition fees for university? my parents won't pay mine coz im not gonna get the high grades they expected

my dad pays mine because when i got my thing from the student loan company they said he should.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    I got a £400 grant last year for my tuition fees. I had to contribute £600.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't mean you won't get ANY help, it just means that this year your parents will be expected to pay some proportion of the tuition fees, the rest will be paid by your LEA.

ReputationRep:
    My dad paid full fees towards my first year - as he is obligued to due to his (and his alone; single parent) income that year.

For the second year, he's been assessed as having to pay just over £800. (£300 of LEA Support).

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.