uni fees - whos paying Watch

This discussion is closed.
alio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
who's paying all your tutition fees for university? my parents won't pay mine coz im not gonna get the high grades they expected
clare_m
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my parents are paying accommodation and tuition fees
Whats_The_411?
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have to pay for all my fees. :mad:

Does anyone help pay fees if you are from a poor background?
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Whats_The_411?)
I have to pay for all my fees. :mad:

Does anyone help pay fees if you are from a poor background?
Yeah, if your parents earn less than a certain amount (£21, 000 I think, not sure), the fees are paid for you.
alio
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
my parents are earning just over the amount needed to get free tutition i dont think its fair i should pay coz its their fault i have to
Whats_The_411?
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
Yeah, if your parents earn less than a certain amount (£21, 000 I think, not sure), the fees are paid for you.
Well this is what happened. When i completed those loan forms my Dad had to take the C12 paper to his work for them to write how much he earns a year, however, they also put overtime which comes over the amount you stated. Does that mean i would get any help?
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well this is what happened. When i completed those loan forms my Dad had to take the C12 paper to his work for them to write how much he earns a year, however, they also put overtime which comes over the amount you stated. Does that mean i would get any help?
To be honest, I haven't got a clue. Check with PQ (or maybe there's info on www.studentsupportdirect.co.uk).
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My parents will pay everything...though I think they have forgotten about accomadation! I've only just convinced them to let me stay at uni accomadation. They wanted to buy me a house there first!
Airport Fairy
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
If your family income is over £20K, then you won't get any help.
Whats_The_411?
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
To be honest, I haven't got a clue. Check with PQ (or maybe there's info on www.studentsupportdirect.co.uk).
Thanks
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Manchester LEA pay all mine and my sisters fees.
Whats_The_411?
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Manchester LEA pay all mine and my sisters fees.
How and why? If you don't mind me asking?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How and why? If you don't mind me asking?
Because my parents earn less than £21k a year, so you the LEA will pay your fees for you. Most students in the UK don't pay all there fees. Most just pay a contribution.
~Sam~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm fortunate that my parents are paying for mine
Liverbird
Report 14 years ago
I'm paying all my tuiton fees and accommodation
clare_m
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
My parents will pay everything...though I think they have forgotten about accomadation! I've only just convinced them to let me stay at uni accomadation. They wanted to buy me a house there first!
i think my dad was looking into buying me a house for 2nd and 3rd year for me to share with other people (that hopefully i'll meet). i think it would be unwise to not be on campus first year as u wudnt feel as involved.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by alio)
who's paying all your tutition fees for university? my parents won't pay mine coz im not gonna get the high grades they expected

my dad pays mine because when i got my thing from the student loan company they said he should.

love Katy ***
Pencil
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I got a £400 grant last year for my tuition fees. I had to contribute £600.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It doesn't mean you won't get ANY help, it just means that this year your parents will be expected to pay some proportion of the tuition fees, the rest will be paid by your LEA.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My dad paid full fees towards my first year - as he is obligued to due to his (and his alone; single parent) income that year.

For the second year, he's been assessed as having to pay just over £800. (£300 of LEA Support).
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

think I'm a brilliant applicant (534)
36.73%
are desperate for students (920)
63.27%

Watched Threads