Turn on thread page Beta

Time for a change? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Have had an instructor since end of March. Basically got him because most of the people in my college had him and passed. I mean a lot of people passed with him and they said he was good. Now I think hes quite good too personally. Thing is though, hes off on holiday and I am off on holiday very soon and thus he said book your test and we will try and get it done. I booked it and its in about 2 weeks. The thing is this guy only gives me a lesson each week. he started off giving me a hour lesson each week, then it increased to about an hour and half after I asked him if I could have more than one lesson a week. However, some times he would text me and say can we do this time instead of this and the one and half hour would sometimes go to an hour. He talks on his phone to other students now and then during lesson. He goes on about going out in my car too all the time. The other week I asked him if he could give me more than one lesson a week since I was on holidays now and he said he can do me 2 hour lessons but I mean what good is it now, he does the 2 hours during 1 lesson aswell and thats once a week. He told me to get insured again so I did till the end of this month(with insurance costing a bomb for more than that). My lesson the other day was awful and he said, '' not sure if you will be ready for the test, I want to do it though as you and I are on holidays so it will drag on''. I mean for **** sake it wont just drag on, I wont be able to do it because september is uni. My driving isn't great tbh and I still make too many errors but its not been helped by his whole 1 lesson a week.

Basically I am wondering whether to just take the test anyway for some experience and then when I come back from holiday just go with a instructor who can give me say 4 hours lessons each week in september if you get me. The problem is though I would have to book a test before I got a new instructor due to bookings going early etc.

I am just really down tbh and I feel like I have let my parents down too as I have been just going and they have paid insurance etc. My mum took me to drive today and I couldn't even read a number plate from 25 yards, it just looked blurred to me . Sorry if it sounds like a rant but I need some advice.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should take the test anyway and see what happens tbh, because I'd say that a lot of the test is about how you feel on the day - so I guess I'm saying don't feel too bad about these "errors" you keep making in lessons, because it all depends on what happens on the day! And even if you fail, it's great experience anyway so hey, give it a go - you know, if you do pass, you'll be on a high for the rest of your hols so think of that and be optimistic!!

ReputationRep:
    yer I will give it a go but its highly unlikely I will pass. I am more concerned people give me advice on the instructor issue.

ReputationRep:
    I know a guy who failed his test because he couldn't read a number plate from 25 yards. He needed glasses.

Thats nothing to do with your driving, its an eye test you need to sort that one out.

ReputationRep:
    amy_time say if you misread 1 letter, is that still a fail. I am not worried about the eye thing I will get that sorted, I am on about the instructor.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.