Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I want to use the £10,000 loan for my tuition fees, will this be paid in one payment to my university when I enrol or will it be paid in instalments?

And will universities accept the tuition fees in instalments?

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    If I want to use the £10,000 loan for my tuition fees, will this be paid in one payment to my university when I enrol or will it be paid in instalments?

And will universities accept the tuition fees in instalments?

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe it's given in 3 installments throughout the year, you ll have to speak to the university about how payments work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I believe it's given in 3 installments throughout the year, you ll have to speak to the university about how payments work.
    Oh no ... I hope that the university I want to go to let's me do this, I'm worried now! Thank you for letting me know though I had better get in contact with them.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    Oh no ... I hope that the university I want to go to let's me do this, I'm worried now! Thank you for letting me know though I had better get in contact with them.
    I wouldnt panic too much, speak to them and hopefully they could have some flexibility knowing that many students will now be using PGL loans to pay for their degrees.

ReputationRep:
    The postgraduate loan is paid to you in 3 monthly installments. You can use it for maintenance and/or tuition fees. Most Universities accept installment payments. It's only Film schools, for example, that would require you to pay in one go.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.