Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi i was wondering what I need to buy when living in the Eastbourne campus halls. I know the accommodation is catered for Monday to Friday but was wondering if I will need to buy things for the kitchen such as pots and pans for cooking on the weekends or are they already provided?
    I'm looking for a general what to buy list ?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for halls too, I don't think they would supply you with anything to be honest. I'd suggest bringing knives, forks, spoons, and cups, pots, pans and baking trays for weekend and holiday cooking - it's really dependent on how much you think you're going to cook really. Once you find your flatmates then talk about who should bring a toaster and a kettle, perhaps a can opener cause you don't really need 5 knocking about. Then stuff like tea towels and washing up gear. A rice cooker could be good too for cheap meals or a grill? It's all up to you about how much you want to bring, you could bring cups, knives forks etc just for you, or you could bring a set for if you have friends over.

ReputationRep:
    Hey. Just wondering have you guys received replies from student accommodation already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derpin)
    Hey. Just wondering have you guys received replies from student accommodation already?
    Nope, I emailed them and they told me we will hear from them after August the 8th as they are sorting out the international applicants.

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool thanks. What you guys going to study?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to study International hospitality management, how about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Studying Retail Marketing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.