The Student Room Group

Greek islands for a solo traveller

I kind of fancy a sunny holiday on the beach of a greek island, but I'm not sure where. My ideal place is somewhere scenic, but with a lively party atmosphere. Having said that I don't want to be somewhere overrun by the "lads lads lads" type that do nothing but drink. Although because I'm travelling solo, being somewhere I can mingle and meet like minded people is high on the priority list.
Original post by 4RealBlud
I kind of fancy a sunny holiday on the beach of a greek island, but I'm not sure where. My ideal place is somewhere scenic, but with a lively party atmosphere. Having said that I don't want to be somewhere overrun by the "lads lads lads" type that do nothing but drink. Although because I'm travelling solo, being somewhere I can mingle and meet like minded people is high on the priority list.

If somewhere scenic is a priority, I would highly recommend looking into Santorini. Of the 30-ish holiday ports, cities and Islands I've been to in the last few months, it's easily my favourite place that I've visited so far in this sense. I can't speak for the nightlife or popularity with other travellers as I'm only ever there during the day, but I'm sure sites like TripAdvisor will have plenty of information on that front, so have a read around.
You want to party on your own? That's ... different.
Reply 3
Original post by 4RealBlud

Ionian Islands

Quick Reply

Latest