Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Like what seems to be now an all too common occurrence i woke up to another terrorist attack. One debater described us as allowing in the very people they are fleeing from. Anyway It inspired me to write this poem. It's metaphorical meaning is pretty self- explanatory. But please tell me what you think. Thankyou

Fleeing the beast
    One three animals left their home, they decided to flee For one goat cried: the threat of the wolf is too much for theeThey travelled for days, through day and night In search of a safe place, where their future is bright
    Then they came across a home, somewhere safe to stay Owned by a sweet old woman, standing in the doorway
    Let me come in o sweet woman, I am only a deer Because the beast will surely eat me and I am stricken with fearYes my door is open to anyone fleeing the beast If I didn’t let you in, you’d surely be his next feast
    Let me come in o sweet woman, I am only a sheep For if I was left out here, he would eat me in my sleep.
    Yes my door is open to anyone fleeing the beast If I didn’t let you in, you’d surely be his next feast
    Let me come in o sweet woman, I am only a goat For he is coming for me, the wolf is cutthroat
    Yes my door is open to anyone fleeing the beast If I didn’t let you in, you’d surely be his next feast
    So while that night, the animals slept safe in their bed The wolf noticed that the animals had fled
    So he searched day and night, stopping only to rest Following their scent, guiding him north-west
    Till he came across a house by the lakeside With an old sweet woman standing inside
    Let me come in o sweet woman for I am scared For if the beast were to eat me, it would be your fault he declaredBut I can’t let you enter, you’re a wolf with sharp claws So if we didn’t survive, you’d be the probable cause
    Please take me in as we are all the same, And will all return to the ground, from which we once came.
    Don’t leave me out here, it is wrong to discriminate For you cannot ever defeat hate with more hate
    The woman realised she wanted to love and be kind So she let the wolf into her home, for she had changed her mindFor my door is open to anyone fleeing the beast If I didn’t let you in, you’d surely be his next feast
    She then welcomed the wolf with a hug, holding him tight But instead of hugging back, he started to bite.
    I saved you from the beast, yet you have bit me and made me cry
    I see now you plan to eat us all, please tell me why.
    Oh you are stupid sweet woman, he said with a grin You knew wolves were beasts before you took me in.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.