Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Difference between a guy who avoids you because he likes you and one who dislikes u Watch

What is the difference between a guy who avoids you because he's secretly in love with you/has feelings for you,
    and he's already take /doesn't want to act on his feelins; and a guy who just isn't interested in you or dislikes you.

ReputationRep:
    It's impossible to say really, because every guy is different and will act in whatever way he deems appropriate at the time. Not that I mean to sound hateful or harsh to any guys out there but if you're a certain gender, it doesn't necessarily mean that you will act in exactly the same way as another person of the same gender. Everyone is different and acts differently when attracted to the opposite sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What is the difference between a guy who avoids you because he's secretly in love with you/has feelings for you,
    and he's already take /doesn't want to act on his feelins; and a guy who just isn't interested in you or dislikes you.
    I've never understood the concept myself.

ReputationRep:
    Helloo!

It can be hard to distinguish between the two. Try approaching this guy in aa friendly, enthusiastic manner, perhaps asking him for help. If he's secretly in love with you, he's likely to be happy to help, and would do his best to try to impress you. Whereas if he's not interested in you, he'd probably help you in a nonchalant way (if he agrees to help you at all).

ReputationRep:
    I avoid my sister because I have feelings for her, because she has a bf called Rob

ReputationRep:
    If it was me you couldn't tell the difference dammit xD asking all the right questions

It's hard to tell. There's a guy everyone thinks is in love with me but he's engaged so doesn't want to act on it so avoids me.
    I just think he doesn't like me so I avoid him. haha.
    I just wondered how to tell who is right

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.