Turn on thread page Beta

massively broken nokia 5300 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i massively broke the screen on my 5300 but have several unread text messages i really need to read. is it possible to get them onto my computer? or is there somewhere that could talk me through which buttons to press to forward them to another number?

ReputationRep:
    please someone help me? or even, y'know when the text is open? ond you press 'options'? tell me what order the menu is in? for a nokia? please hekp me!

ReputationRep:
    I dont have a nokia anymore but can you not put the sim into another phone and read the texts that way?

ReputationRep:
    Texts normally aren't stored on the SIM, though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but my suggestion would be if they were unread and the sim was removed would the network provider not re send them once the sim was inserted into another phone such as what happens when the handset has been turned off and the back log of messages recieved whilst the phone is off are sent.
    Most sim's store approximatley 10sms onto the sim card and most phone setup's allow for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by croissant_fever)
    i massively broke the screen on my 5300 but have several unread text messages i really need to read. is it possible to get them onto my computer? or is there somewhere that could talk me through which buttons to press to forward them to another number?
    Do you have the Nokia PC suite installed? If so, click on the File Manager option with your phone connected to the computer. This lets you browse the content of your phone. Find your inbox and voila.
    How did you break the screen? Tell me it's not easy to do so with this phone! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    i have the cd so i can install it, the thing is does it not com e up with some list of options on the phone as soon as it gets plugged into a computer? tbh i have no recollection of how i broke the screen. i just remember waking up in a tent oneday and it being fubar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by croissant_fever)
    i have the cd so i can install it, the thing is does it not com e up with some list of options on the phone as soon as it gets plugged into a computer? tbh i have no recollection of how i broke the screen. i just remember waking up in a tent oneday and it being fubar
    Oh apologies for being unclear. Once you plug in your phone to the computer, start the PC suite programme on the computer, and that brings up a window with different icons you can click on. One option is 'File Manager' and it lets you browse and manage all your phone data on the computer.
    I missed the other bit of your original post earlier. If you want to forward the messages, open the text, press the blue button on the left (upper button). That takes you to Options, and Forward is the third option down in the list (so press down twice )..type in the number, press down once again and press the middle button to send.
    I don't know if I'm making sense :ninja:

Edit: Ahhh I see what you're talking about now. Yeah, there are three options it comes up with when you plug it into the computer. Nokia mode, Printing & something and Data storage. I haven't read up what they're for but I choose Nokia mode- first in the list :ninja:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 10, 2007
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.