Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i work for a well known clothing brand which has a concession in a well known department store.

The boss is sending me to another department store nearby to cover some shifts at the concession as they are short staffed.

I have literally only be told what times I'm working. nothing else. I've already asked for some more information but no one is being helpful. Also I'm kinda scared of my boss.

What do I do?

I don't know any of the codes for the doors or even the staff entrance. It will only just be me working on the concession too.

ReputationRep:
    This is only for 2 weeks btw then i'll be back to my own department store.

ReputationRep:
    turn up 10 minutes before the time you're meant to start working and go to the customer service desk/main till bank and explain your situation, they'll take it from there

ReputationRep:
    Yeah treat it like a new job, that's the only way to do it. Approach a desk and say that you've been sent to cover some shifts in "x" department and they'll point you to the right place. You'll be shown around, like where the staff room/kitchen/toilet area is and what the codes are, and then probably just left to it. If it's the same chain store, don't be surprised if they just expect you to get on with it because the tills will probably be the same and the presentation of the clothes should be the same. But that doesn't mean that they'll not help you. And if you don't like your boss now, this one can only be better, right?

ReputationRep:
    Just ask a colleague for advice, or if all else fails just ask your boss? I'm sure they'd rather you ask and do it right then guess, let them down and look unprofessional

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.