The Student Room Group

How much do your parents spend on your birthday?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
last birthday my dad spent a grand total of 70 pounds on my birthday dinner. although it was just the two of us :tongue:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Awwhhh cool! So its coming up realll quickk :hugs:Awhhh, well same ngl lool but I've got high hopes for an ipad but doubt ima get it, as if my parents are gonaa spill out 700 quid. :biggrin: That's alright, I can't waitttttttttttt! :h:

You avvin a party?
Reply 82
Original post by tianshan
On average, parents spend between 0.0025% to 0.005% of their annual income on their teens' birthday, which may include buying presents, hosting parties and going out for dinner.

How about your parents?

Probably a bit more than that percentage

Posted from TSR Mobile
For my birthday I got perfume, a bag and flowers from selfridges and a postponed meal out but that's basically it (18th birthday yeah)
Original post by 0to100
You avvin a party?

Not really :frown: Just gonaa go cinema with some of ma mates, that ain't on holiday, and gonaa go out to a restraunt, and presents, that's it really :h: What about you?
Well this year I didn't ask for anything. What happened is they took me out to dinner (I think I ate/drank £25 worth of food and drink) and then deposited £100 in my account because I hadn't asked for anything.

I think that's about 0.25% of what their combined annual pensions.
For my 16th I got a holiday to paris but for every other teen birthday I mostly got £50 in a card and then a meal somewhere so around £100 all together!
My uncle gave me and my sister a total of £110 but that was a rarity, usually I get £2 to get my own carrot cake. Now I'm older, I give myself my own £2, true independence
Original post by tianshan
On average, parents spend between 0.0025% to 0.005% of their annual income on their teens' birthday, which may include buying presents, hosting parties and going out for dinner.

How about your parents?

hopefully a good amount :smile:
I recently turned 18 and we don’t do birthdays but my mum got me a box of chocolates. Honestly idm.
£100-£200

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending