The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Kent timetable, is it flexible?

Hi there,

I have been offered an MSc at Finance in Kent but I am from London, so I won't be able to get to Canterbury before 09:20 A.M and classes start normally between 09:00 - 18:00, do you guys know if they are flexible in terms of timetable?
I mean, do you normally have the option to attend the class in different time frames?

Thanks!
Probably not because of things like staff availability, space availability and having to keep to time frames. You may want to consider moving closer.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
There's not really much option for flexibility with class times for MSc. Class sizes are much smaller, so there's often only one time for every week anyway and certainly in my MSc (although I did undergrad at Kent and MSc at another university) they tried to condense the lectures/seminars into two long days (rather than spread out, to make it easier for those who were working and commuting) so early starts were the norm.

You should be able to get into Canterbury before 9:20am though. What part of London do you live in, and how would you be travelling? Certainly from St Pancras Intl you can get a train at 7:25am which would get into Canterbury West just after 8:30, so depending on how long it would take you to get to St Pancras from the part of London you live in it shouldn't be too bad.
Reply 3
Original post by Liv1204
There's not really much option for flexibility with class times for MSc. Class sizes are much smaller, so there's often only one time for every week anyway and certainly in my MSc (although I did undergrad at Kent and MSc at another university) they tried to condense the lectures/seminars into two long days (rather than spread out, to make it easier for those who were working and commuting) so early starts were the norm.

You should be able to get into Canterbury before 9:20am though. What part of London do you live in, and how would you be travelling? Certainly from St Pancras Intl you can get a train at 7:25am which would get into Canterbury West just after 8:30, so depending on how long it would take you to get to St Pancras from the part of London you live in it shouldn't be too bad.

The problem is that train cost about 25 per day, this makes the transport approximately 350 per month and I cant afford that. I live in Bromley.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending