Turn on thread page Beta

Which TSR members should read this? watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...utions-rather/

ReputationRep:
    FredOrJohn
    Read this

ReputationRep:
    Here's a solution: don't invoke Article 50, and never again trust anything remotely important with the voters of this country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Here's a solution: don't invoke Article 50, and never again trust anything remotely important with the voters of this country.
    I guess the stupid ones are the people that voted differently to you in the Referendum. And based on your argument we should never have any more By, Local or General Elections.

I do agree though that some people ARE probably too stupid to know wtf they are voting for. e.g. Corbyn for Labour Leader.

ReputationRep:
    The paper is talking craaapppp...

Take for example: "CAN DO ATTITUDE"...

I can do a job in the EU and fly back via Easy Jet Week Ends - every week-end for 12 months - thus I can still be a Dad or Mum .

Its not possible, even with "CAN DO" to commute to Australia or Japan or South Korea or California and even if we could we do not have FREE MOVEMENT with these places.

A CAN DO ATTITUDE is the definition of an EU British Worker working in Finland instead of being on the Dole (me).

A CAN'T DO ATTITUDE is a BREXIT voter.

This is the plain truth.

ReputationRep:
    I can kind of sympathise, some of the whingeing by certain remainers is hugely off-putting and embarrassing, but equally the brexit people who think that remainers who are unhappy about the outcome are sore losers or are undemocratic are equally retarded.

I've always said. if brexit turns out to be a success (Lower migration, a stronger economy, better standards of living) I will massively re-evaluate my beliefs. If i'm proved right though, don't expect me to shut up about it (And no i'm not 'talking the country down', anymore than the people who warned of the '08 recession were.)

KimKallstrom
    Fullofsurprises
    Bornblue

ReputationRep:
    Of course, pre-referendum, the charge could have been thrown at Brexiters who moaned ceaselessly about the EU, blaming all their failings on it.

The question now is what will Brexiters blame their failings on in the future?

Personally, I refuse to be part of a disaster, as the only solution I can see is retaining full membership of the EU. Anything less than that will be against the UK's clear interests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    Of course, pre-referendum, the charge could have been thrown at Brexiters who moaned ceaselessly about the EU, blaming all their failings on it.

The question now is what will Brexiters blame their failings on in the future?
    You havent noticed? The brexiters are blaming pro-remainers for talking the economy down!

Its like something from North Korea: What do you ean youre starving? Where is your patroitism? Stop talking our glorious country down.

The brexit economic policy is being shown up as essentially people in a darkened room going: 'I do believe in economic growth, I do, I do!'

Personally, I refuse to be part of a disaster, as the only solution I can see is retaining full membership of the EU. Anything less than that will be against the UK's clear interests.
    Mmmm, unfortunately i don't think it is feasible. The only way I thin k we can legitimately stay in the EU is if a GE is called and a Pro EU party wins a mandate to keep us in. That isnt going to happen even if one were to be called.

If brexit doesnt work, then the brexiters will be discredited and a pro EU party can be given the chance to rejoin in the future once the brexiter pipe dreams have been shown up as nonsense. I think this may be a better result as by rejoining, we will have to join fully and thus not messing about.

ReputationRep:
    I think somewhere like China or North Korea would suit you rather well. Citizens there don't get to vote on important decisions... Or if they do there's only one answer & you get shot for not ticking it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    You havent noticed? The brexiters are blaming pro-remainers for talking the economy down!

Its like something from North Korea: What do you ean youre starving? Where is your patroitism? Stop talking our glorious country down.

The brexit economic policy is being shown up as essentially people in a darkened room going: 'I do believe in economic growth, I do, I do!'
    Haha, yeah, click your heels three times and you'll be magically transported to the land of free trade deals...

Mmmm, unfortunately i don't think it is feasible. The only way I thin k we can legitimately stay in the EU is if a GE is called and a Pro EU party wins a mandate to keep us in. That isnt going to happen even if one were to be called.

If brexit doesnt work, then the brexiters will be discredited and a pro EU party can be given the chance to rejoin in the future once the brexiter pipe dreams have been shown up as nonsense. I think this may be a better result as by rejoining, we will have to join fully and thus not messing about.
    I think the Prime Minister is smart in putting the FCO and Brexit Departments in the hands of Brexiters, so that they can be shown up as the hollowed charlatans they are. There's no need for me to dirty my hands with that turd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    I think the Prime Minister is smart in putting the FCO and Brexit Departments in the hands of Brexiters, so that they can be shown up as the hollowed charlatans they are. There's no need for me to dirty my hands with that turd.
    In deedy, even Farage has given it his blessing.

That said, there'll still be a sizeable portion of brexiters who think the brexit gang have been stitched up, or were never for brexit to begin with...

ReputationRep:
    In deedy, even Farage has given it his blessing.

That said, there'll still be a sizeable portion of brexiters who think the brexit gang have been stitched up, or were never for brexit to begin with...
    Of course, the tin hats are out already!

ReputationRep:
    There just doesn't seem to be a clear plan or direction. The main leaders campaigning for Brexit haven't even bothered to try and lead us through it. (The best we had was Gove, saying he doesn't want to campaign for PM, but has to, not very reassuring tbh). Farage not bothering anymore and just taking his wages as an MEP for another two years for doing nothing is also infuriating.

I would like the UK to come out of this without any further damage, perhaps come out stronger. But there's nothing that gives me any confidence.

ReputationRep:

Yup.

ReputationRep:
    I can kind of sympathise, some of the whingeing by certain remainers is hugely off-putting and embarrassing, but equally the brexit people who think that remainers who are unhappy about the outcome are sore losers or are undemocratic are equally retarded.

I've always said. if brexit turns out to be a success (Lower migration, a stronger economy, better standards of living) I will massively re-evaluate my beliefs. If i'm proved right though, don't expect me to shut up about it (And no i'm not 'talking the country down', anymore than the people who warned of the '08 recession were.)

KimKallstrom
    Fullofsurprises
    Bornblue
    Yes, Remainers are 'whinging' or arguing.

Leavers on the other hand just threaten to kill.
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/20/ukip-c...ckers-6018641/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    There just doesn't seem to be a clear plan or direction. The main leaders campaigning for Brexit haven't even bothered to try and lead us through it. (The best we had was Gove, saying he doesn't want to campaign for PM, but has to, not very reassuring tbh). Farage not bothering anymore and just taking his wages as an MEP for another two years for doing nothing is also infuriating.

I would like the UK to come out of this without any further damage, perhaps come out stronger. But there's nothing that gives me any confidence.
    I believe that Farage, Gove and Johnson are all guilty of misconduct in public office and should be arrested and charged with this serious offence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I believe that Farage, Gove and Johnson are all guilty of misconduct in public office and should be arrested and charged with this serious offence.
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear...

JordanL > majority of people in this country

You need to stop being so intolerant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Farage not doing anything as an MEP and taking £80k annoys me the most. If I didn't turn up to work, still got paid, I'd be fired and I'm sure the public would be infuriated with a public sector worker getting paid for nothing. Why is it different for Farage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Oh dear...

JordanL > majority of people in this country

You need to stop being so intolerant
    Why should I tolerate something which is blatantly bad for the country? People need to be more intolerant, we shouldn't have to tolerate opinions based on delusions and contrary to evidence. That's why we have representative democracy.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.