Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I'm a 2014 law graduate unfortunately with a 2.2 from a RG uni . I've been a Legal Assistant in Family Law for a brief period and now work as a paralegal in PI dealing with my own caseload from start to finish.

    Would it be sensible to self - fund the LPC at this stage or would it be better to carry on getting experience ? It is an awful lot of money but I've been saving for a year so funding is not a problem.

    However , I'm not 100 % set on Law because it's so competitive. I had previously tried getting into accountancy / tax but I'm not good at numerical tests. I'm just scared of getting to the age of 30 and still being a paralegal.

    Better to carry on getting experience to what end?

    Paralegal, get training contract with that firm then do LPC part time?

    Harder to get a TC if you have a 2.2but I would have thought you were well placed to do so

    Or Cilex?

    Hard to say if you don't know if you want to be a lawyer though.

    Can't you get a TC where you are? iP is good experience

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.