Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need a new face wash. Do you know any good face washes ?
    I've tried Origins and Simple.

ReputationRep:
    Just avoid Neutrogena and try L'Oreal- they're great

ReputationRep:
    there are many face washes but my points of view the most effective is himalayas face wash.these product are very genuine and cost of the product is reasonable....

ReputationRep:
    high end - la roche posay effaclar cleeansing wash - pretty pricy though, but dries up spots fast and leaves skin really smooth - you need to moisturise after though

colloidal silver face soap for acne prone skin

clearasil anti blackhead

any garnier scrub - especially the charcoal one

drugstore - boots witch tea tree foaming wash - if you have generally good skin already and you just want a good twice a day simple maintenance wash.

adding any drugstore toner, (c;earasil, clean and clear or neutrogena) to your routine makes a massive difference btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    water, H20, from the sink, or bottle, no joke

ReputationRep:
    https://www.greenpeople.co.uk/shop/b...-remover-200ml

ReputationRep:
    L'Oreal is good. Try it
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi

Would you say your skin is oily, combination, dry or sensitive?

Facial washes which have a high pH (i.e. they are very alkaline) tend to be very drying on the skin. Many foaming cleansers tend to have a high pH. This can lead to a build up of bacteria on the skin and therefore result in spots. So whichever brand or "skin type" that you opt for, ideally it should be a pH balanced facial wash.

There are some pH balanced cleansers e.g. Johnson and Johnsons available in your average high street chemists. Alternatively I can make a specific product recommendation.

Happy to clarify anything further.

Liz

ReputationRep:
    I like the pink grapefruit and tea tree face wash from Superdrug. Reasonably priced and not tested on animals. Also suitable for vegans if that's relevant to anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.