Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    In my 2nd year as an undergrad, i received a grant for £3330. However, student finance had reassessed my household income and now they are asking for it back. Due to the circumstances, i have taken the case to the citizens advice bureau and it is currently under dispute but the debt has been forwarded to a debt collecting agency. As you can imagine im super worried about this as im still only young without proper income. I called the debt collection agency up and they have stated that it wont affect my credit score as regards to their own company. However at the c.a.b the lady said that the company student finance would mark this on my credit rating. Can someone help? Can student finance do this when the overpayment was their fault?
    Thank you!
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.