The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hey man:

Recent queens graduate who has been involved behind the scenes on the old clubs and societies side of things (both running a society and being on the queens student committee) and really most societies in queens do literally nothing else but have a formal once per year. Some are really good and do loads of events and meetings etc but very few do, the most active ones are like Psychology, Medicine, The Queens Fantasy club (sorry the name escapes me for the moment) are all very very active especially the latter.

I have no personal experience of the computer studies society and I can't ever recall seeing them advertise anything so that may be the answer you're afterr...
Reply 2
I've seen signs for something like a Computer Games society (with fairly regular meetings) based at the CS building, but don't know if that specifically related to a CS society
Reply 3
Spud
I've seen signs for something like a Computer Games society (with fairly regular meetings) based at the CS building, but don't know if that specifically related to a CS society

That was the guys I was talking about the dragon slayers they're called and are probably the most active society at queens.
Reply 4
Ah right. :p:

Incidently, the Physics Society are called the Neutrions (or something similar), which I found amusing :biggrin:
Reply 5
Thanks for the replys, I had thought as much seeing as there is no mention of any events organised by students in that department (apart from as you say the formal), I've heard of the dragonslayers one so may look into that one instead.
Reply 6
No problemo young steve as a recent graduate I'm more than happy to share my experiences, noticings or just general ramblings about queens...la la la

God I miss being a student

Latest

Trending

Trending