Turn on thread page Beta

I've got my test tomorrow, and I'm going to fail the hazard perception. It's too difficult. I have the hazard perception practise CD, but I got them all wrong the first time, and went through all the answers, and now there's no point doing it because I already know where all the hazards are. :confused:

For someone who doesn't normally drink, the whole "no hope of ever passing" thing is quite a problem.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You'll be fine! I did a practise test and I passes, even though I had no idea about anything. Just keep calm, and try your best.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Take a deep breath and just go for it. I was one of the first ones to take the hazard perception, so I'd had no practise and no clue what I was coming up against, and I passed Just be looking all around you during the clip and click the moment you see anything that could be construed as a hazard! Fingers crossed for you but I'm sure you'll do brilliantly Good luck!

Eh....I hope so! Only the practise CD was all filmed in Wales, so there was one with sheep all over the road, but but the time you could actually see that they were sheep, you'd run out of time. So next time the clip was of a country road, I kept clicking when I saw dots in the distance and they turned out to be dots on the windscreen. Then it said I'd clicked too many times and got me for cheating. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    My hazard percep test had a sheep...twice!!! Just click whenever you see something that could be a hazard no matter how small.

ReputationRep:
    for the hazard perception how do we revise for it? what books do u guys use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    for the hazard perception how do we revise for it? what books do u guys use?
    try this

http://www.2pass.co.uk/hazard.htm

ReputationRep:
    i never did any practise for my hazard perception, and it took me ages to be test-ready for my practical- i got the minimum needed to pass on that element of the theory. if you're fairly good with hazard perception on the roads in the car, then you'll be ok. if not then you should do some practise with the cd's so you know hats coming.

ReputationRep:
    my driving instructor told me that so many people fail the hazard perception test because 'us young people are so fast with computers nowadays' lol. he basically means that the hazard perception test is not designed for fast-clicking youngsters, but designed for all ages so that's why when some young people click on the hazard too early they don't get a mark, so they end up clicking again and again but then it's classed as cheating. i think this is whta may have happened to you Airport Fairy-maybe if you just clicked a bit slower...good luck

i have my theory test booked for 2nd sept. did everyone buy the 'Know your traffic signs' and 'Driving: the essential skills' books for their theory test? is it ok if i don't bother with the traffic signs book but just learn the ones in 'The Highway Code' or would i need it? what did everyone else do? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    no need for either. just buy the theory test book, that has all the official questions in it- every question i got was in that book. oh and read your highway code a couple of times...you should have bought that ages ago anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    no need for either. just buy the theory test book, that has all the official questions in it- every question i got was in that book. oh and read your highway code a couple of times...you should have bought that ages ago anyway.

i have bought it and i've read half of it already, i've got 3 books with practive theory questions in it too so i have plenty of time to read them all by sept 2nd!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    I think I read the first 3 pages of the highway code and sacked it off, I passed my theory test through repeatedly doing it on the practice disk, same for hazard perception and I got full marks, well not on me Hazard, I got 53 for that

ReputationRep:
    can somebody tell me how you book a theory test?!! i have to book it by tomorrow! would i have to ring my local test centre?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    can somebody tell me how you book a theory test?!! i have to book it by tomorrow! would i have to ring my local test centre?? :confused:
    You can do it online at http://www.dsa.gov.uk/ or phone the DSA on 0870 0101 372 .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britishseapower)
    I think I read the first 3 pages of the highway code and sacked it off, I passed my theory test through repeatedly doing it on the practice disk, same for hazard perception and I got full marks, well not on me Hazard, I got 53 for that
    so the hazard perception disk is pretty important eh? is there actually a hazard perception disk? i think theres a video/dvd/ or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    so the hazard perception disk is pretty important eh? is there actually a hazard perception disk? i think theres a video/dvd/ or something
    there's a CD-ROM, a video and a DVD.i think it is quite important as both my instructors keep telling me that all their students who used the DVD/Video/CD-ROM passed the theory test 1st time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    You can do it online at http://www.dsa.gov.uk/ or phone the DSA on 0870 0101 372 .
    ooh, thank you! i booked it now - 12th of bloody august!!!! i wanted it in 2 weeks!! i have to pass my driving by uni as well - argh!!!!!

wish me luck everyone - and rep for mr. nylex!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i think the practical test has to be booked 3 months in advance, so the earliest i would be able to have it is in december.

ReputationRep:
    I had to phone a call centre in India to book my theory test in my town

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneezyme)
    there's a CD-ROM, a video and a DVD.i think it is quite important as both my instructors keep telling me that all their students who used the DVD/Video/CD-ROM passed the theory test 1st time.
    ahh right..where do you order it? the content of the dvd/vide/cd is the same right?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.