Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneezyme)
    why are you taking your theory test in india...are you indian?
    no I live in England but they have these stupid call centres now based in other countries for UK numbers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britishseapower)
    no I live in England but they have these stupid call centres now based in other countries for UK numbers

oh yeah i heard about them but i thought they were only for insurance phone lines and stuff, oh well, theory and practical tests phone lines aswell now!

ReputationRep:
    I did mine a couple of weeks back (putting in for my practical soon). The way to beat the hazard perception is to just click whenever you see something that could even possibly be a hazard - pedestrians walking along the pavement (might cross) and always when you see a biker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    I did mine a couple of weeks back (putting in for my practical soon). The way to beat the hazard perception is to just click whenever you see something that could even possibly be a hazard - pedestrians walking along the pavement (might cross) and always when you see a biker.
    do you get a time limit or somethign wwith the hazard perception test?

ReputationRep:
    its hard like someone pointed out before though because sometimes you can see a hazard a mile off and you click and then you wonder if you need to click when you get a little bit closer and stuff because you don't know exactly when they want you to click

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    do you get a time limit or somethign wwith the hazard perception test?
    the clips last a minute I think and you just click when you see a hazard, there's usually one per video and in two of the videos there will be two if I remember correctly but they are the ones they want you to find, there are often alot more

ReputationRep:
    the clips last a minute I think and you just click when you see a hazard, there's usually one per video and in two of the videos there will be two if I remember correctly but they are the ones they want you to find, there are often alot more
    how do they mark it? how many times you click, when you clicked where you clicked ...etc? confused - i think i should have a look at some sample questions

ReputationRep:
    I think its on a basis of 5 points i.e. you get 5 points if you notice the hazard very quickly and like 1 point if you notice it slowly I think its marked upon if you click when the car or cyclist e.t.c. actually shows signs of creating a hazard, for example, as soon as a lorry might start indicating to turn right or something and your very close behind it meaning you will have to avoid hitting the end of it as it turns

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone knows the amount of times your allowed to click before you fail but I use to try and keep to a maximum of clicking 4-5 times you should be safe if you keep to that level

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone knows the amount of times your allowed to click before you fail but I use to try and keep to a maximum of clicking 4-5 times you should be safe if you keep to that level
    lol so you cant click like 300 times, basically guessing? thats a blow

ReputationRep:
    lol so you cant click like 300 times, basically guessing? thats a blow
    nope you can't they will fail you for cheating!

ReputationRep:
    nope you can't they will fail you for cheating!
    do they tell you how many times you can click?> :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    no they will just fail you for that video I think the most I ever clicked was 7 times without failing but that was on a 2 hazard video I think so they might have been lenient with me, best stick to 4-5 though, be careful that you don't click twice when you only mean to click once as well

ReputationRep:
    no then you could cheat because you could just randomly click until you get to the limit of however many and hope you get lucky

ReputationRep:
    i don't know i haven't taken the test yet sorry, it's on the 2nd sept when's yours?

ReputationRep:
    i don't know i haven't taken the test yet sorry, it's on the 2nd sept when's yours?
    mines in about a months time

ReputationRep:
    you will both do alright if you prepare for it, I use to practice my theory 4 times a day and wouldn't stop unless I passed it 4 times in a row and my hazard twice and I passed first time with full marks on theory and a reasonable score on hazard whereas my mate who never prepared so well failed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    try this

http://www.2pass.co.uk/hazard.htm
    i reckon the hazard test on 2pass.co.uk website prevents people from passing the hazard part, because in the actual test you dont need to point the cursor(mouse) on the particular hazard and you just need to click the mouse just once not twice. is because of this i failed my test the first time i took it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rnb106)
    i reckon the hazard test on 2pass.co.uk website prevents people from passing the hazard part, because in the actual test you dont need to point the cursor(mouse) on the particular hazard and you just need to click the mouse just once not twice. is because of this i failed my test the first time i took it.
    ahh i see so you just need to click it when the hazard happens?

ReputationRep:
    yeah you only click, doesn't matter where, you don't need to click specifically on the root of the hazard

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.