Turn on thread page Beta

The music off that Honda advert watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you all know the Honda advert involving the parts of a car moving in sequence to (eventually) make a Honda roll off a ramp and have a blind behind it roll down to show the name "Honda". Apparently it took ages to get it absolutely perfect. And while on the topic I might recommend the spoof shown around this time last year for the 118 118 "got your number" people - the Honda spoilsports made them stop it but it's probably knocking around somewhere online.

If you haven't seen the ad, fair enough, it only seems to be shown during the ad breaks during F1 grands prix so it's kind of understandable then it tends to be more interesting than the race itself :rolleyes:.

You might have noticed that at the end of the advert there is a pretty cool bass riff playing. I'm certain that it is pretty cool because I thought it was "Another one bites the dust" at first . Well, they say imitation is the best form of flattery .

ANYWAY, now I'm leading up to my actual question - rip-off or not, I find it rather catchy, and I've got the impression from my friends that it's an actual song. So can anyone tell me anything about it so that I may be able to hear it in its complete form? Thank you. Rep will be given, I'm that desperate to find out !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric Magic)
    I'm sure you all know the Honda advert involving the parts of a car moving in sequence to (eventually) make a Honda roll off a ramp and have a blind behind it roll down to show the name "Honda". Apparently it took ages to get it absolutely perfect. And while on the topic I might recommend the spoof shown around this time last year for the 118 118 "got your number" people - the Honda spoilsports made them stop it but it's probably knocking around somewhere online.

If you haven't seen the ad, fair enough, it only seems to be shown during the ad breaks during F1 grands prix so it's kind of understandable then it tends to be more interesting than the race itself :rolleyes:.

You might have noticed that at the end of the advert there is a pretty cool bass riff playing. I'm certain that it is pretty cool because I thought it was "Another one bites the dust" at first . Well, they say imitation is the best form of flattery .

ANYWAY, now I'm leading up to my actual question - rip-off or not, I find it rather catchy, and I've got the impression from my friends that it's an actual song. So can anyone tell me anything about it so that I may be able to hear it in its complete form? Thank you. Rep will be given, I'm that desperate to find out !

First things; the movie "The Cog" is available to watch in its entirity as many times as you like here (You'll need Apple Quicktime Player as it open's a .mov file).

The music from it (according to "Commercial Breaks and Beats Database") is called: "Rapper's Delight" by The Sugarhill Gang.

And yes, it's a class advert.

ReputationRep:
    You caught my attention because I'm trying to locate a downloadable video of an ad that Madness shot for Japanese t.v. - way back in the day - for the Honda "City" car.....anyone remember it? Know where I can view it?

Side Note: "Rapper's Delight" was originally recorded by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.

Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    "I said a hip, a hop..."
    Love the song and the advert

Does anyone know what that song was that played on the radio in the taxi in GTA III was. It went something like 'boom boom to the yale' and was very catchy!

ReputationRep:
    D'you mean Grand Theft Auto III??
    Check here:http://www.ign.com/

ReputationRep:
    That bass riff is also used in the Beastie Boys' song 'Triple Trouble'. Class riff, class song.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.