Turn on thread page Beta

Help is this what i think it is? watch

Announcements

Hey all,
    Anon because i have mates on here and dont want them figuring it is me.

Ok so basically just had one of my girl mates from uni on the phone. She had been out with mates from work and some were drunk think she was more tipsy if anything. Well they got split up and she ended up alone with one of her male work colleagues. When they were walking back to a work colleagues car he forced her into an alleyway and basically forced her (ie. Physically made her) give him a blowjob. He then asked her for sex she managed to not let this happen but he forced her into another bj,

So need your help? What can she do? is this classed as rape?

Thanks for your help in advance.

yes i do belived it would count as rape. quite how he made her i do not know but yea she should report it.

ReputationRep:
    I think its sexual assault not rape. Still bad though. You'd a manager their might be CTV of her being forced into an alley which would support her case quite well

there was a thread on a simerlar theme a week or so ago. some one posted up legal classification of rape-

Sexual Offences Act 2003

1 Rape

(1) A person (A) commits an offence if-

(a) he intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis,
    (b) B does not consent to the penetration, and
    (c) A does not reasonably believe that B consents.
    (2) Whether a belief is reasonable is to be determined having regard to all the circumstances, including any steps A has taken to ascertain whether B consents.

(3) Sections 75 and 76 apply to an offence under this section.

(4) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for life.

ReputationRep:
    Forcing oral sex is still counted as rape, and can still mean someone is put away for life.

ReputationRep:
    what I would like to know is, how can he force her to give a blow job, couldnt she just you know..bite down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodmen)
    what I would like to know is, how can he force her to give a blow job, couldnt she just you know..bite down?
    Under threat of violence, I would imagine.

ReputationRep:
    I know that if I was in this situation, I wouldn't 'bite down'. If the guy was physically threatening me and forcing me, then I'd be way too scared.
    Your friend needs to report this to the police, what if he does this to another girl and just keeps getting away with it?

ReputationRep:
    She needs to report it.

ReputationRep:
    It's rape and she needs to go to the police right now.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Agreed with the rest encourage her to report it, as this guy can easily force some other poor vulnerable girl to do the same or worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    there was a thread on a simerlar theme a week or so ago. some one posted up legal classification of rape-

Sexual Offences Act 2003

1 Rape

(1) A person (A) commits an offence if-

(a) he intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis,
    (b) B does not consent to the penetration, and
    (c) A does not reasonably believe that B consents.
    (2) Whether a belief is reasonable is to be determined having regard to all the circumstances, including any steps A has taken to ascertain whether B consents.

(3) Sections 75 and 76 apply to an offence under this section.

(4) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for life.
    does this mean girls can't rape? what about if a girl had a dildo and used it on a guy :eek: ?

To the op...she should report him.

(Original post by HeadShock)
    does this mean girls can't rape? what about if a girl had a dildo and used it on a guy :eek: ?
    go to a thread in GD its called does this count as rape.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the police and try for sexual assault. Not sure if it would be counted as rape, but worth a shot.

If I had been the girl I would've bitten his penis nice and hard and I'd break it and possibly squeeze his balls so hard he'd scream :mad: Then I'd run.

It still seems pretty stupid to force a girl to do a blowjob? :confused: She could, well, do exactly what I'd described above and you wouldn't be able to stop her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Go to the police and try for sexual assault. Not sure if it would be counted as rape, but worth a shot.

If I had been the girl I would've bitten his penis nice and hard and I'd break it and possibly squeeze his balls so hard he'd scream :mad: Then I'd run.

It still seems pretty stupid to force a girl to do a blowjob? :confused: She could, well, do exactly what I'd described above and you wouldn't be able to stop her.
    Unless, of course, you had a knife to her throat (or anywhere)
    Or any weapon.
    Or a threat.
    Fear is pretty powerful at causing obedience.

ReputationRep:
    She has to report this to the police, if he can do it to her, he can do it to anyone.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter, of course they are, but I think it's impossible to say what you would really do in this kind of situation unless it actually happens to you. It's okay to say that you would bite down, or fight back, but when you're that scared, fighting back can be a very difficult thing to do. I'm not saying anyone is wrong, i'm just saying that if you were in that position yourself, you might find that it's easier said than done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harpy)
    Unless, of course, you had a knife to her throat (or anywhere)
    Or any weapon.
    Or a threat.
    Fear is pretty powerful at causing obedience.
    Generally speaking, if someone has a knife to your throat, it's worth assuming they'd kill you anyway, so you may as well incapacitate them when you have the chance. In this situation, the chances of him killing her (if he'd had a knife, gun etc) would be slim as people knew they were out together and he'd very easily get caught / convicted.

I agree that in the situation you'd be far too shocked to consider this, it's just weird that the man didn't think through the possibility that she'd bite him.

OP - I think it is classed as rape under law, but DNA and bruising wise, it may be difficult to prove. She should go to the police immediately.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a chance she is ashamed of what she has done and does not want to admit she did it willingly? Thats not too unheard of.
    If he has forced her to then she should report it to the police to stop him from doing it to any other girl.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2007
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.