Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I go to one of the best Grammar Schools in the country and was wondering if these GCSE grades would get me into LSE. Obviously, because I am only in year 11 my A levels still have a part to play, but could anyone tell me if these grades are good enough? Also does the kind of secondary school you go to have any impact on university selection?
    A*-Biology, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, French, German, History, Maths, Physics, Religious Studies.
    A-Statistics, Further Maths.

ReputationRep:
    No sorry those grades are no where near good enough, those 2 A's have dragged you down massively.

If your set on attending university in London, I hear London Met are somewhat more lenient, you might have a better shot there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiee224)
    No sorry those grades are no where near good enough, those 2 A's have dragged you down massively.

If your set on attending university in London, I hear London Met are somewhat more lenient, you might have a better shot there.
    gr8 b4nt3r

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp00)
    Hey guys! I go to one of the best Grammar Schools in the country and was wondering if these GCSE grades would get me into LSE. Obviously, because I am only in year 11 my A levels still have a part to play, but could anyone tell me if these grades are good enough? Also does the kind of secondary school you go to have any impact on university selection?
    A*-Biology, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, French, German, History, Maths, Physics, Religious Studies.
    You know those GCSE grades are more than adequate for LSE, seems a silly question to ask? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You know those GCSE grades are more than adequate for LSE, seems a silly question to ask? :confused:
    I originally thought the same but I saw threads from other people who were like "my friend got rejected with 10 A*"...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp00)
    I originally thought the same but I saw threads from other people who were like "my friend got rejected with 10 A*"...
    Those people wouldn't have been rejected based on their GCSE grades if that was the case, it would of been due to other factors such as their personal statement, A-level grades, interview performance etc

ReputationRep:
    Another opportunity for someone to show off their GCSE's and school they attend.
    Bless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp00)
    Dude **** off, you know those grades are good, you know you've looked at the LSE gcse requirements. So why are you here still asking that stupid question, **** I hate people like you with a passion.

ReputationRep:
    Your smugness and attitude would be the only reason you couldnt get in

(Original post by dp00)
    Why ask if you know they're good enough? Plus sorry to say, but if you mess up your A levels your GCSE will not save you.

Also your school has no impact on your application. In fact, I remember when applying to eg Oxbridge, going to a great school and getting high grades does nothing for you - because a lot of other students get similar grades to you in your year. If you went to an average comprehensive and got those grades, your application would be at an advantage because you largely exceeded the standard at your school.

But since you're at a good school anyway, it doesn't make a difference at all, they won't care.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's barely matter at all for universities as long as you have a C in maths and English. It's pretty clear you haven't got anything to worry about.
    Secondary schools do have an impact on university admissions as your results will be looked at in the context of your school. If someone goes to a poor school where teaching quality is low and most students underachieve they would probably be viewed more favourably than someone with the same grades who went to a very good school where teachers are excellent and most students do well. Unis try to take into account how much support a student has had so students from disadvantaged backgrounds can be treated fairly.

ReputationRep:
    OP I got into LSE with worse grades. Pick good A level subjects though

Jealous women are funny :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbsolutelyHaram)
    OP I got into LSE with worse grades. Pick good A level subjects though

Jealous women are funny :teehee:
    Why would I be jealous when my a-levels are predicted to meet/exceed the entry requirements to study at LSE?

I was merely making a point that he knows full well his GCSE grades are good enough to get into any university in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    No because you go to a grammar school. LSE needs to fill their quotas for comprehensive plebs, private school toffs and loaded international students.

/s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp00)
    Focus on A-levels, GCSEs arent even that important(that being said yours are fine anway)

ReputationRep:
    My best friend got an offer to study Economics at LSE with 6 A*s, 1 A^, 2 As and a B. Mind you, she's probably going to get A*A*A*A* at A-Level; her personal statement was a work of art; and she did her research about entrance requirements thoroughly - something you seem to lack

ReputationRep:
    Why would I be jealous when my a-levels are predicted to meet/exceed the entry requirements to study at LSE?

I was merely making a point that he knows full well his GCSE grades are good enough to get into any university in the UK.
    Plenty of people whose grades meet the official requirements get rejected

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.