Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have some big legs wana tone em.

ReputationRep:
    Running and Biking will make my legs even fatter?
    Oh yeah! Doing just 30mins running and biking say, 3 times a week and you'll be the nutty professor male/female edition in no time! Keep up the good work!

Running and biking can increase the size of your leg muscles, but it will take a long time and it depends on intensities, durations, etc of the exercise you're doing. The reason why most people's legs look bigger after doing exercise is partly because they lose fat, revealing muscles/making them look bigger. But also exercising causes increased blood supply to areas of muscle giving them a pumped look whic will go down after a few days.

Strengthening your muscles will make them burn more muscles(pretty small amount really, study found the average to be an extra 100cals a day) over time so you could lose more fat. Also, exercise causes you to lose mainly fat and get healthier, i know what 'd rather do. But if you want the aesthetic appearance of thinner legs without increased muscle size you're better off with lipo if you've got the money.

Alternatively, reduce your calorific intake and you could lose weight without making your leg muscles bigger and without having to do exercise. It all depends on what you want to achieve. If you're some indy boy who likes to squeeze into skintight jeans, dieting and/or lipo is your way forward. Exercise and muscle building, no.

ReputationRep:
    It tones up your muscles yes! how big you're your muscles are/become is genetic and depends on how long and much you train you're legs.

Just don't overdo it~!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.