Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are the UK Political Parties non-profit Organisations? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Title says it all, I was thinking about doing my DofE volunteering for a political party but the DofE website states that the party must be non-profit Organisations. If they are not classed as non-profit, I'm curious as to what they are classed as...

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DibblesMcGee)
    Title says it all, I was thinking about doing my DofE volunteering for a political party but the DofE website states that the party must be non-profit Organisations. If they are not classed as non-profit, I'm curious as to what they are classed as...
    It might be worth checking. The spirit of the service element of the DofE is that you give something back to the community. Unless you plan to go out with your local councillor picking up litter and pointing at pot holes for their local gumph, I am not sure if delivering leaflets in a bid to gain power is something you might class as a service to the community.

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.