Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will the fee increase affect your decision to go to university? watch

• View Poll Results: Will an increase in tuition fees affect your decision to go to university?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    85.71%
    I'm not sure. It depends by how much.
    14.29%

ReputationRep:
    So as we have all heard by now, some universities are looking to increase their tuition fees even more than the currently established £9,000 per year.

Does the fee increase affect your future decision to go to university? How much is too much? Do you think the fees are too much anyway? (I do )

ReputationRep:
    No

How much is too much? Probably around £20,000. Do I think the fees are too much now?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, no. You're going to make the money back eventually & I don't think money should hold you back from doing something you want to do

ReputationRep:
    It depends. Will the degree you do get you a good paying job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth.rose)
    Honestly, no. You're going to make the money back eventually & I don't think money should hold you back from doing something you want to do
    Yeah I think that's my thoughts on the subject as well. The only thing that I get annoyed about is that some lectures that I have at university are someone just reading off of a PowerPoint. On the other hand there are some really good lecturers, but they seem to be a rarity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eigo-Jin)
    It depends. Will the degree you do get you a good paying job?
    Maybe this line of thinking will become more prominent in people's thinking as the fees go up? (Depending by how much of course)

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.