Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does Cambridge actually ask for qualification or do they just assess the candidate's English at interview?

I have a conditional offer form Corpus Christi but it doesn't anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    Ask Corpus Christi.

I didn't have an English language qualification in my conditional offer, I asked, and they said I didn't need one. This was for Trinity.

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to give them your certificates when you enroll. So that's everything you put on your UCAS, basically.

ReputationRep:
    My sole condition was passing IELTS...so if you needed any qualification I think your college would say it....I guess at least

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to have a C at GCSE English Language, or an equivalent qualification.
    (Original post by Cam)
    English
    a language other than English
    an approved mathematical or scientific subject
    two other approved subjects.
    For applicants with GCSEs and GCE A levels, at least two of these subjects must be at GCE A level and the others at GCSE (grades A, B or C).

ReputationRep:
    Also
    (Original post by Cam)
    If your first language is not English, it is essential that your English language skills are good enough for you to undertake an intensive and challenging academic course that is taught and examined in English. As a result you may also be asked to meet a specific English language requirement. Further details are given in the international students section.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ^^ The site does say "may be asked", though, so it's probably a college decision whether or not they ask international students for proof that their English is up to scratch...

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Queens' and they really force me to retake IELTS (I got 6 in writing, but overall 7.5). So maybe this college is so strict, I don't know...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.