The Student Room Group

I'm skinny and it's really annoying me...

So I'm somewhat skinny. Like I can wrap my hands around my bicep without flexing and I can touch my middle finger with my thumb. I'm 16 male and I've always been fairly skinny. I'm pretty sure it's just one of those everyone develops differently kind of things. But it's summer and I really want to wear tanktops. See, when I put them on my body actually seems in proportion and I personally think it looks okay. But I'm thinking of just ignoring what others may think and just going for it. Also I am going to the gym but I really need to start going more often.

Do you agree?

Scroll to see replies

I understand where you are coming from. I'm 17 and I am also the biggest eater in my family, but I am also the skinniest. I took up martial arts and went to the gym to help with this, and I have seen gradual improvements. I would suggest taking up a martial art because not only will it help you with building up muscle, it can also improve stamina.
Reply 2
Thanks a lot. What are your views on me wearing tank tops? I have nice ones but I'm just nervous to wear them!

Original post by Mvine001
I understand where you are coming from. I'm 17 and I am also the biggest eater in my family, but I am also the skinniest. I took up martial arts and went to the gym to help with this, and I have seen gradual improvements. I would suggest taking up a martial art because not only will it help you with building up muscle, it can also improve stamina.
I wear tank tops, and I don't care what people say. I think that if anybody tries to tease you about it, just laugh at them. I sometimes walk around bare-chested. Last time I was teased about that, I told them to take their top off, and I had a better looking six-pack than them!
eat more...
Food will not always improve body weight. I have evidence. Read my earlier post.
Just continue to do what youre doing OP, though I’d recommend loving yourself more in the meantime
Im skinny as well and would never wear a tank top, so id say wear it because it shows confidence :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being skinny is no bad thing. I am skinny and I like it and I own it.
Touch your middle finger with your thumb? Can't everyone with a hand do that?
Original post by Legendstatusxoxo
Touch your middle finger with your thumb? Can't everyone with a hand do that?

As in, around his bicep. Was what I think he was trying to say.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony

Teach me :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

F*** you. I challenge you to a skinny competition!
As in, around his bicep. Was what I think he was trying to say.

Ah okay, that makes more sense loool
Reply 14
All you skinny people showing off :frown: I'm 85kg. Supposedly at 6ft 2 that's acceptable but I still feel fat and have no muscle on my arms.
Original post by BobSausage
All you skinny people showing off :frown: I'm 85kg. Supposedly at 6ft 2 that's acceptable but I still feel fat and have no muscle on my arms.

Id rather be your build, im 5ft 8 and 9st :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't give a **** about my build. Personalities are more important than builds.
Mate you got the right measurements.
Start hitting the gym and you'll be solid 💪

@Bobsausage

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who got the right measurements
Reply 19
People think I am skinny but I am actually fat. I can't do endurance because of my medical condition so I mainly do weights instead. I get pressurised against doing it because my parents think that it will stunt my growth, and that's bad if you're 17 and only 5'5
I hate genetics. Feels like the biggest damn source of inequality in the developed world. Then there's a girl in my school who is in poverty but gets bursary and benefits. I actually feel envious of her.

Quick Reply

Latest