Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What happens if you said yes to not living at home but you changed your mind later on to live at home while studying does it affect anything?

(Original post by Ridhwank)
    What happens if you said yes to not living at home but you changed your mind later on to live at home while studying does it affect anything?
    Your maintenance loan amount will go down

ReputationRep:
    You'd just get a lower maintenance loan, and would have to change your address formally but that's about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxns_00)
    Your maintenance loan amount will go down
    But what happens if I already got my maintenance loan but I decided to stay home what would I have to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danuuutka)
    You'd just get a lower maintenance loan, and would have to change your address formally but that's about it
    So where do I have to go or call to change my living arrangements, but keep in mind I already received my maintenance loan...🤔😞

ReputationRep:
    So where do I have to go or call to change my living arrangements, but keep in mind I already received my maintenance loan...🤔😞
    Contact the student housing people of your university, you'll be easily able to find it online, and then call student finance asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danuuutka)
    Contact the student housing people of your university, you'll be easily able to find it online, and then call student finance asap
    Thanks!

But what happens if I already got my maintenance loan but I decided to stay home what would I have to do?
    I'd expect they'd just change your next payment amount. However, you get your annual loan total in three payments, one in September (or start of October, depends how quickly you get registered at your uni), on in January and one in April. If you know you're staying at home when you go to register at your uni you're going to HAVE to change your details on the SFE website. Especially as you won't have an address in the student accomodation. It wouldn't really be possible to change your mind about accomodation after you get your loan as you'd already have a contract with student accomodation.

EDIT: how have you received your first payment already?? Have you somehow registered with your uni? If you somehow already have your first payment, they'll just change the amount for your next January payment I expect

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my name is Niamh Doyle and I am a Third Year student studying Music in Cardiff. Two of my flat mates and I are looking for a new tenant to live with us for next year onwards (from July 2017 onwards) and wanted to know if anyone would be interested?

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.