Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I received a conditional offer and have to wait to find out the conditions. However, I already have my degree and the only thing missing is one of my references (still waiting on the academic one). Could this be it? Just concerned as to what else it could be and have to wait a couple of days to find out. I have chased the reference up and it should be sent today.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    It could be that or it could be that the offer needs someone's approval before it's made unconditional or you need to send them some evidence. There's no point in panicking. Just wait and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Not panicking yet, just very curious as to why it's conditional as everything bar the reference is complete. Hopefully they'll email by the end of tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Check the wording of your offer. My Masters offer was conditional on my final degee result *and* two satisfactory academic references. I rekon that's what's holding you up.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, Klix88. I haven't got the offer email yet but found this:

Conditional offers are usually made when you are either awaiting the results of your degree or if you have not yet met our requirements for English language proficiency, or if you have not yet sent us other supporting documents or if we have not received all of the required references. If we make a conditional offer, this will indicate what you must do in order for your place to be confirmed and for your offer to become unconditional. You should let us have evidence that you have met the terms of your offer as soon as you receive it, so that we can update your record accordingly and issue you with the appropriate pre-arrival information.

So it seems it is my academic reference. I was supposed to receive it today, but they must be busy so I'll chase it up again tomorrow.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.