Turn on thread page Beta

My friend has been offered a place in Manchester Met through Ucas Extra. The offer was unconditional and she firmly accepted it. However she received a letter from the admissions officer, asking her to forward them a copy of her results (I think it's about her IELTS test) as soon as possible, as "this will allow us to process your application further".

Anyway, she was not really delighted with the offer but she got it at the end of the Ucas extra period, so, she somehow had to accept it. The problem is that she wouldn't like to apply again for 2005 entry but she is almost certain that she isn't eligible to use Ucas clearing now, (I believe that she can't too) as she has already accepted an unc. offer.

However, the fact that they asked her to forward them a copy of her results, -I guess- indicates that they have not yet confirmed her place to UCAS and that she could ask them (UCAS) to cancel her reply.

Does anyone know if she is eligible for clearing? :confused:

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.