Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY

Seeming as none of us are entitled to the UK government maintenance loans I was curious how most of us here will be getting the necessary money to pay for food, accommodation, bills, clothes, haircuts and so on while we study so I made this poll, just check the one that corresponds to you and press submit.

Press here for poll

ReputationRep:
    really? i am getting the full entitlement. As a former access student this September..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sketchymofo2)
    really? i am getting the full entitlement. As a former access student this September..
    Wait what the ****. You're getting a government maintenance loan having not lived in Britain for 3 years before?

ReputationRep:
    Access to HE...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sketchymofo2)
    Access to HE...
    Ooooooh. Sorry I misread, I had unis in mind when I made the poll thinking that most of us here are uni students.

(Original post by cigol)
    Seeming as none of us are entitled to the UK government maintenance loans I was curious how most of us here will be getting the necessary money to pay for food, accommodation, bills, clothes, haircuts and so on while we study so I made this poll, just check the one that corresponds to you and press submit.

Press here for poll
    I said private loan because I'm getting a maintenance loan from the student loan company but I don't think that counts as a private loan as they are owned by the government. Why is there no option for getting a maintenance loan from the student loans company?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I said private loan because I'm getting a maintenance loan from the student loan company but I don't think that counts as a private loan as they are owned by the government. Why is there no option for getting a maintenance loan from the student loans company?
    Well because as far as I know the Student Loans company doesn't give loans to non-UK nationals who haven't been resident in the UK for 3 years before the course.

(Original post by cigol)
    Well because as far as I know the Student Loans company doesn't give loans to non-UK nationals who haven't been resident in the UK for 3 years before the course.
    Oh sorry, was this poll only directed towards non-UK nationals? I didn't realise as you gave no indication of this in your thread title, or area of the forum in which it was posted. I clearly should have read your original post more carefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Oh sorry, was this poll only directed towards non-UK nationals? I didn't realise as you gave no indication of this in your thread title, or area of the forum in which it was posted. I clearly should have read your original post more carefully.
    Woops, sorry I tried posting this to International Students originally but the Janny must have decided to put it here anyway because it's a poll. My bad. Sadly I don't see an option to change the thread title though.

(Original post by cigol)
    Woops, sorry I tried posting this to International Students originally but the Janny must have decided to put it here anyway because it's a poll. My bad. Sadly I don't see an option to change the thread title though.
    No worries! Sorry I answered it and messed up your results!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.