Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My card wont work in my camera anymore or transfer my pics onto my pc as it says there is a 'card error' any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanx

ReputationRep:
    Do you need to retrieve pictures off of it? If not, try formatting the card.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i do want the pics from it.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a memory card reader? Or when you plug your camera into your PC, in My Computer, do you get a removable drive come up? If so, try reading the card directly by double clicking the removable drive.

If that doesn't work, put your card in a card reader and run one/all the following programs listed below to retrieve the photos:

http://www.download.com/3120-2001_4-...49&dlsize=&ca=

ReputationRep:
    Are card readers something you buy extra?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libbelle)
    Are card readers something you buy extra?
    Yes they are and will give you much faster transfer of your pictures. It may be a camera fault in which case the card reader might just do the trick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrWacko)
    Yes they are and will give you much faster transfer of your pictures. It may be a camera fault in which case the card reader might just do the trick
    Ok thanks, so where's a good place to buy them from?

ReputationRep:
    Virtually anywhere that sells cameras. If you need one asap goto somewhere like comet, jessops etc etc. If your not in an immediate hurry try ebuyer.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrWacko)
    Virtually anywhere that sells cameras. If you need one asap goto somewhere like comet, jessops etc etc. If your not in an immediate hurry try ebuyer.com
    Ok thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a laptop, it probably has a card reader.

Try cleaning the contacts first though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)

Some desktop base units may have a card reader built it too - it may be hidden behind a fold down plate though so take a look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)

How do you clean the contacts?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.