Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did not choose geography at GCSE so what would I need to learn over the holidays in order to pick it as one of my A-levels?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You don't need a GCSE in geography to do the A level, and you don't need to go over the GCSE syllabus either. A lot of what you do at GCSE is re-covered at AS anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcharlize)
    I did not choose geography at GCSE so what would I need to learn over the holidays in order to pick it as one of my A-levels?
    You don't need as you'll relearn the relevant stuff but it does help a lot if you've done it.
    If you know the topics you'll be covering I'd recommend buying a GCSE book on geography and learning those areas for the gcse.
    GCSE helped a lot for AS but not really relevant for A2 geography

ReputationRep:
    Generally you don't need to have studied Geography at GCSE in order to do it at A Level. At AS Level you'll cover the basic content (as not everyone will have done it before) and then go into more detail later on. I'd suggest getting a copy of the specification and having a read through it first though, just so you've got an idea of what you'll be doing

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 23, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.