Turn on thread page Beta

How do i explain this? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I done gcse's in 2002 then a-levels in 2005 (took a year out hence gap) went to uni did two years and now (after much deliberation) i've decided i want to do medicine. Going to do a-levels (intensive course), the whole nine yards basically. Now my problem is if i were to get to the interview stage would they question me on why i dropped out and if so would they not regard me as a person who is not worth taking the risk in offering a place, in fear that i might do the same to them?

Would this take precedent no matter how well i answer the other question?

I invite your answers

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, why did you drop out? The truth is usually the best place to start!

ReputationRep:
    they might ask - u have decided to drop out - why did u decide to dropout.

how can u be sure ur not going to dropout again.

can you not hang on in there another year - and complete ur degree.

doing one year the whole nine yards - and getting A Levels or doing one year and getting a degree? surely he latter wud be better - and then u have to think about fees - paying 3000 for 5 years , , ,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermaphrodite)
    they might ask - u have decided to drop out - why did u decide to dropout.

how can u be sure ur not going to dropout again.

can you not hang on in there another year - and complete ur degree.

doing one year the whole nine yards - and getting A Levels or doing one year and getting a degree? surely he latter wud be better - and then u have to think about fees - paying 3000 for 5 years , , ,
    my other course is I.T and i have lost all interest in the subject. Also no way am i doing a GAMSAT. All that revision to an a-level standard by this september is highly unlikely i will get a 61% pass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Firstly, why did you drop out? The truth is usually the best place to start!
    lost interest in the subject is one plus i cannot see myself 5-10 yrs from now going back and forth on a crowded tube doing a 9 to 5 then do 3hrs of no pay overtime for a majority of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Have you done any research in to medicine - you seem to have summed up the life of a junior doctor perfectly!!!

ReputationRep:
    i have some research into medicine and it seems like the perfect choice, meeting different people everyday, whether they be friendly or unkind, facing challenges and complex procedures and thats just during medschool sounds great. Nah the office life is not for me (but i do know there is alot of paper work in being a Dr)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 11, 2007

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.