A new groundbreaking way to revise - opinions?

Watch
goam
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been doing this for 2 years and it is indeed the best note taking method for me (veryyy useful when it came to revising in May), but I always leave out the 'summary' bit
goam
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 34908seikj)
Or you could just, y' know remember the work in class...
It's not as easy as that for some of us..... especially when you have sh** teachers that don't teach you anything in class anyway
csutton
Badges: 7
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by goam)
I've been doing this for 2 years and it is indeed the best note taking method for me (veryyy useful when it came to revising in May), but I always leave out the 'summary' bit
Ah that's so great!! Would you find it more useful to do the summary, or does it not really matter?
csutton
(Original post by 999tigger)
Check these forums out when it comes to exam times. That should give you incentive and let you see what people struggle with and mistakes they make.

A good set of notes will pit you in a good position and increase your chances of success. It will make revision easier, so your challenge is if you cna take your idea and be consistent.

Go and have a look at some of the revision books for the new syllabus as they will have mock sample questions, which although not official will be in accordance with the syllabus. Be sure to take advanatge of working with your teacher.
I'm definitely going to make good use of TSR.

I've been trying to get in contact with my college about the exam boards for my subjects and they told me to call back up on Monday and ask for someone because the receptionists didn't know. So when I find out, I'll be looking into that more thoroughly.
goam
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by csutton)
Ah that's so great!! Would you find it more useful to do the summary, or does it not really matter?
nah, for me a summary is just unnecessary tbh But I only used it for bio and chem so a summary might be useful for other subjects though
csutton
(Original post by goam)
nah, for me a summary is just unnecessary tbh But I only used it for bio and chem so a summary might be useful for other subjects though
Do you think it would be beneficial for humanities subjects such as english lit, history and philosophy?
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 34908seikj)
Or you could just, y' know remember the work in class...
My god, this man is a genius.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
37.57%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
10.05%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.35%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.23%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed