Turn on thread page Beta

Chatting to opposite sex in night-club watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

This can be a post for both sexes really but I am a lad so I am looking for my side really.

I am looking for help on when being in a nightclub and meeting girls. I can be shy at times but am pretty confident at giving girls the eye and even going over to them to start conversation and hopefully more. But this can be were my problem starts.

I can ask them their name and what they do, and age etc but then I am lost as what to say to them. I go shy and don't have a clue what to talk about.

Then when we end up kissing and when we stop kissing after a wee while, we look into each others eyes as you do and then I don't have a clue what to say to her??

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to help??

ReputationRep:
    Just talk about whatever you feel like, girls care more about how you come across than what you are saying. You can say something really fun ny/interesting/cool but if you l ook uncomfortable it will totall y put them off. As long as you'r e talking about something that w ould catch their interest and no t geeky stuff it's ok.

After you kiss them say something like "I love the soft feeling of your lips", basically something charm ing :p

ReputationRep:
    You ask their age ,stop lol.
    Just be spontanious,funny and interesting,theres no use in planning what to say.
    And don't come across as a perv and i'm sure you'll be fine.

After you'v kissed her,you could do a million things; smile,wink,talk,stroke her hair etc etc.

Good luck,you seem to be doing it right anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Well you're obviously managing to get a snog so you're doing better than I normally do lol. Clubs are surprisingly hard places to pull, I find, especially if the music is ridiculously loud.

ReputationRep:
    Touch their special place and say "oooh you got nice bush, I like".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyApolla)
    Touch their special place and say "oooh you got nice bush, I like".
    Haha, yeah they'll love that, I'm sure :p:

OP, you seem to be doing pretty well, getting them to kiss you etc. Just be yourself, talk about general things but nothing too personal.

Ask if she's having a good time? Who she is here with? Do you come here often?

ReputationRep:
    How about after you've kissed, ask her if she'd like a drink or to dance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by invisible_gal)
    How about after you've kissed, ask her if she'd like a drink or to dance?
    Thanks for your help so far. I can be pretty good at getting a kiss from girls on a night out but it is my slight shyness in a way that is affecting me.

I draw a blank mind at times when about to chat and feel really stupid then when i do say something as i feel they may think im boring or something.

Id like girl's opinions on this as well. What do you all think??

ReputationRep:
    could be anything

compliment something thye are wearing, say its suits them
    ask who they are here with
    i usually ask what part of london they are from..that can usually lead somewhere as you can comment if you know the area a pub etc...make a joke about it
    ask them if they are enjoying the night
    comment on the song playing
    ask what their plans are for the summer
    ask them if they work.are at uni
    tell them they have pretty eyes?

anything..honestly..noone finds small talk 100% comfortable juts feel your way around it. best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cage)
    Well you're obviously managing to get a snog so you're doing better than I normally do lol. Clubs are surprisingly hard places to pull, I find, especially if the music is ridiculously loud.
    I agree with this. It's hard enough for me to talk to people im with. The DJ must play music very quietly for you to be able to strike up a conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl)
    Haha, yeah they'll love that, I'm sure :p:

OP, you seem to be doing pretty well, getting them to kiss you etc. Just be yourself, talk about general things but nothing too personal.

Ask if she's having a good time? Who she is here with? Do you come here often?
    The real question is, do you love that? Haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cage)
    Yeah, I always thought a nightclub was a very difficult environment to have a conversation anyway. So if after you've kissed the girl, you still want to talk to her, Ask her to dance or maybe get her number and ask if she would like to go for a drink somewhere quieter sometime.

ReputationRep:
    Your problem is much more what to talk abt rather than chatting. My advice is not to ask all questions in the same time. Couple of ideas have already been said so it's yr invention how to use them. Really, leave yourself some point to catch when the too long silence will start. And... practice makes perfect

ReputationRep:
    Your place or mine might be a good thing to say! ha ha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tesh^^)
    You ask their age ,stop lol.
    :rofl: Ditto. Sounds like you're checking to make sure they're legal!
    How much talking can one do in a club anyway! Takes about 3 tries to get yourself heard - better off just smiling, drinking and dancing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brummyman)
    Your place or mine might be a good thing to say! ha ha
    As daft as it sounds, I know people who have used that one successfully on a number of occasions. Basically only works if they're gagging for it though lol.

ReputationRep:
    isn't it up to the girl to talk as well??? if there's an awkward gap in the convo then she's prob shy too. personally id rather some1 said summat different or spontaneous rather than a snore-fest cheeeese-ful of "nice eyes babe"

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2007
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.