Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice, I fractured then sprained my foot Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I don't even know if I'm in the right place but would just appreciate some advice. So basically on the 7th may I fractured two toes and then on the 26th June I fell on the same foot and it was all swollen and bruised I went to a&e and was told it was just sprained a week or so later I had no pain in it but now I have a pain achy thing in my foot at the other side. I will include a picture with a guide to my pain in my foot.

I don't know what to do my GP didn't give me any advice at all, should I ring the fracture clinic to move my appointment forward or should I wait and go to my original appointment on the 2nd August? I have no idea, I don't wanna be a time waster

The purple is where the fracture was the blue is where the pain was when I fractured it. The green is where it bruised when I fell on it on holiday the orange is where I now have the pain it also sore to touch is the green and blue areaName:  Snapchat-2210883638293760484.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  186.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend going back to your GP as soon as you can (or most towns have a 'drop in' clinic if you're happy to sit and wait with a book). It sounds like the new pain is unrelated to the fracture, and the fracture clinic, well, does what it says on the tin!

When you sprained it, did they x-ray it? Because it is totally possible to break something without realising and have the pain develop later on.

[disclaimer] not a doctor, but have severely busted my ankle in the past and sprained it many times since

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah_Brighton)
    I would recommend going back to your GP as soon as you can (or most towns have a 'drop in' clinic if you're happy to sit and wait with a book). It sounds like the new pain is unrelated to the fracture, and the fracture clinic, well, does what it says on the tin!

When you sprained it, did they x-ray it? Because it is totally possible to break something without realising and have the pain develop later on.

[disclaimer] not a doctor, but have severely busted my ankle in the past and sprained it many times since
    Yeah they x-rayed it when it happened and said it wasn't broke (I was in benidorm at the time) the fracture clinic x-rayed it about a week and a half later and said I'd aggravated the fracture and had soft tissue damage and to carry on with my life as normal, but that point I had little to none pain but now this pain in the orange has developed and it just keeps getting sore, I can't turn my foot inwards, it also hurts if I try and lift my bed duvet with it. My GP was no help today at all and I would have to wait another few weeks to get a new appointment with the go.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.