Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just completed my A levels and will be applying to university in the next year,( delayed due to medical health) . I really want to go to Bath as I fell in love with the uni and the year in industry really appeals to me. I'm applying for psychology with a view to do clinical psychology in the future (I am aware this is very competitive, but no harm in being optimistic ) but I have a couple of questions. 1) I haven't studied psychology at a level, will I be at a disadvantage compared to others? 2) Could you suggest some reading I could do before I go? Purely for my own interest as I haven't studied the subject at A level, I know it's not required. 3) what is the structure of the course /exams? Do you have a lot of coursework? Is it mostly essay based? How much research work is done? 4) How hard is it to get a placement relevant to clinical psychology? Does the grade I get in my first year matter towards this? I'd be really grateful for any answers- thanks so much in advance

University open days

• University of Bath
    Engineering & Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management, Science Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Engineering & Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management, Science Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Sat, 14 Sep '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.