Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Basically Ive appied for this job working with a concession and the next stage of teh interview is to have a store interview and then a store check. Apparently this takes awhile so im a little bit annoyed as teh woman is taking her time sorting out an interview date. But i need work in the meantime and not sure how long for and would prefer cash in hand? ANy ideas>>?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Handing out leaflets for local cab firms - cash in hand - about £30 for 1000 leaflets to peoples houses - and no one checks up on you either...

Not that I'm suggesting you do anything underhand with said leaflets though :cool:

Ourkid

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you just look for another job elsewhere? Have you actually been told that youre having an interview with them, or have you just applied for the job?

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview and i passed that and as its for a concession i need a store interview -for the store i'l be placed in -only the lady is taking her sweet time but i want this job badly. She called once to say shes busy and call later and ive tried her but it goes to voice mail and ive tried few times. Its been almost 2 weeks and i havent spoken to her since and she said she'd call me the next day!! Because after store interview i need a store check!!! GRrrr

ReputationRep:
    You do realise most cash in hand jobs are completely ilegal? You will have no rights will not be paying tax or NI (though you may not earn enough to have to anyway).

Are some exceptions:-

1) Leafleting for a taxi form - aslongs as you're not told exactly when to do them and are just told I need this area doing by such a date it can be classed as self employed.

It as far easier to be employed via the PAYE system though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladykk)
    I had an interview and i passed that and as its for a concession i need a store interview -for the store i'l be placed in -only the lady is taking her sweet time but i want this job badly. She called once to say shes busy and call later and ive tried her but it goes to voice mail and ive tried few times. Its been almost 2 weeks and i havent spoken to her since and she said she'd call me the next day!! Because after store interview i need a store check!!! GRrrr
    Forget it, if she is this rude/arrogant you do not want her as a boss - trust me.

She is already treating you like dirt and it will get worse the moment she becomes your boss.

ReputationRep:
    yeh shes just the hiring woman i think!! But i am being treated like rubbish! Shame! As this kind of was my dream job!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.