Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know that UCL doesn't go into clearing, but is it possible to call them on results day (given that I got the grades) for a course 'Chemistry', and ask if there are any places available as some people may reject or miss their offer.

I heard this from students, that some of them called and asked if there are places avialable from a particular course even though they weren't in clearing.
    Obviously, this excludes oxford, cambridge and courses like medicine, law, etc.

So, is it true and is it possible?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ofcourse you can, a lot of people may have UCL as insurance and so would open up the place for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    I know that UCL doesn't go into clearing, but is it possible to call them on results day (given that I got the grades) for a course 'Chemistry', and ask if there are any places available as some people may reject or miss their offer.

I heard this from students, that some of them called and asked if there are places avialable from a particular course even though they weren't in clearing.

Thank you!
    You can get into UCL through adjustment, however you must exceed your firm offer to use adjustment (e.g. if your firm requires BBB and you end up with AAB).

ReputationRep:

Thank you!
    My offer was rejected because my predicted grades weren't sufficiently high enough. Although my results were higher than the predicted grades they wanted, they didn't reconsider my offer. They told me I could apply for the next year.

If you still try, do let me know what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    You can get into UCL through adjustment, however you must exceed your firm offer to use adjustment (e.g. if your firm requires BBB and you end up with AAB).
    Oh okay, but I currently don't have a firm offer as I declined my offers because I don't want to do the course I originally intended to do, can I still go into adjustment?

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, but I currently don't have a firm offer as I declined my offers because I don't want to do the course I originally intended to do, can I still go into adjustment?
    What course did u reject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longsightdon)
    What course did u reject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    biomed

ReputationRep:
    You should have used UCAS Extra,as I remember that UCL still had a few places left for chemistry.

I'm not sure if you can in your case, but I reckon it should.

ReputationRep:
    They don't offer all their courses for adjustment. You'll need to contact the university for your course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    You should have used UCAS Extra,as I remember that UCL still had a few places left for chemistry.

I'm not sure if you can in your case, but I reckon it should.
    I did, but I got rejected unfortunately due to my personal statement and I think my grades too (BBB at AS-level)

ReputationRep:
    I did, but I got rejected unfortunately due to my personal statement and I think my grades too (BBB at AS-level)
    Email UCL, or call UCAS to ask if you could still use adjustment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.