The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL don't go into clearing but...

I know that UCL doesn't go into clearing, but is it possible to call them on results day (given that I got the grades) for a course 'Chemistry', and ask if there are any places available as some people may reject or miss their offer.

I heard this from students, that some of them called and asked if there are places avialable from a particular course even though they weren't in clearing.
Obviously, this excludes oxford, cambridge and courses like medicine, law, etc.

So, is it true and is it possible?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Yeah ofcourse you can, a lot of people may have UCL as insurance and so would open up the place for you.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Bloom77
I know that UCL doesn't go into clearing, but is it possible to call them on results day (given that I got the grades) for a course 'Chemistry', and ask if there are any places available as some people may reject or miss their offer.

I heard this from students, that some of them called and asked if there are places avialable from a particular course even though they weren't in clearing.

Thank you!

You can get into UCL through adjustment, however you must exceed your firm offer to use adjustment (e.g. if your firm requires BBB and you end up with AAB).
Reply 3
Original post by Bloom77

Thank you!

My offer was rejected because my predicted grades weren't sufficiently high enough. Although my results were higher than the predicted grades they wanted, they didn't reconsider my offer. They told me I could apply for the next year.

If you still try, do let me know what happens. :smile:
Original post by kkboyk
You can get into UCL through adjustment, however you must exceed your firm offer to use adjustment (e.g. if your firm requires BBB and you end up with AAB).

Oh okay, but I currently don't have a firm offer as I declined my offers because I don't want to do the course I originally intended to do, can I still go into adjustment?
Original post by Bloom77
Oh okay, but I currently don't have a firm offer as I declined my offers because I don't want to do the course I originally intended to do, can I still go into adjustment?

What course did u reject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by longsightdon
What course did u reject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

biomed
Reply 7
Original post by Bloom77

You should have used UCAS Extra,as I remember that UCL still had a few places left for chemistry.

I'm not sure if you can in your case, but I reckon it should.
Reply 8
Original post by Bloom77

They don't offer all their courses for adjustment. You'll need to contact the university for your course.
Original post by kkboyk
You should have used UCAS Extra,as I remember that UCL still had a few places left for chemistry.

I'm not sure if you can in your case, but I reckon it should.

I did, but I got rejected unfortunately due to my personal statement and I think my grades too (BBB at AS-level)
Reply 10
Original post by Bloom77
I did, but I got rejected unfortunately due to my personal statement and I think my grades too (BBB at AS-level)

Email UCL, or call UCAS to ask if you could still use adjustment.

Latest

Trending

Trending