Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Once we leave the EU will Muslim immigration stop completely?

Edit: I can't believe the stupidity of some people. Do people not understand that muslims came in via the EU through Romania / Greece? The EU played the main part in the amount of muslims entering

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Yes brexit = total crackdown on not only muslims but all immigrants

Britain will be 100% white within 5 years :rolleyes:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Obviously not. And I highly doubt that total immigration will significantly decrease either.

ReputationRep:
    No, most probably not.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it won't. Immigration will only fall a small amount, or not at all.

ReputationRep:
    No. It may slow, perhaps. Or maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttimeigetvpn)
    Yes brexit = total crackdown on not only muslims but all immigrants

Britain will be 100% white within 5 years :rolleyes:
    You do realise there are white Muslims, right?

ReputationRep:
    What is the exact connection between Brexit and Muslims? Everything I come across seems to be subjective editorials.

ReputationRep:
    Are any countries in the European Union majority Muslim? I doubt immigration will slow down at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by BinaryJava)
    Are any countries in the European Union majority Muslim?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, there aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orton6)
    Why would it? We're leaving the EU, not the world.

We voted to slow/stop a largely Christian population from moving to the UK. In all likelihood, immigration from countries outside the EU is going to increase because they won't be affected by Brexit.

No immigraton of any kind will stop just because we leave the EU.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by orton6)
    There you go again with your muslim agenda.

The UK controls its own borders.

There may be a decision that we arent interested in being part of the single market, which would be disadvanatgeous to business, but we could then decide not to allow any people from the EU.

We could decide not to allow muslims and traget them but we would lose a lot of allies and people would refuse to do business with us.

We could cease being signatories to the 1951 convention on refugees.

All of those would cost us money, trade, jobs, diplomatic standing.
    1.5 billion muslims in this world and only a tiny % happen to be terrorists.
    Blaming all muslims for the actions of a few is rather silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    No, there aren't.
    When Albania joins there will... it has a 58% Muslim population.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Absolutely not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Why would it? We're leaving the EU, not the world.

We voted to slow/stop a largely Christian population from moving to the UK. In all likelihood, immigration from countries outside the EU is going to increase because they won't be affected by Brexit.

No immigraton of any kind will stop just because we leave the EU.
    Yea that's what I was thinking, like why would EU even relate to Muslims? :confused: I was told constantly brown people would not necessarily come over more than now, but that they would be the migrant majority if UK left EU since less Europeans supposedly would, and that's why I laughed at minority remain-voters falling for "racist Brexit" propaganda. :facepalm:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Yea that's what I was thinking, like why would EU even relate to Muslims? :confused: I was told constantly brown people would not necessarily come over more than now, but that they would be the migrant majority if UK left EU since less Europeans supposedly would, and that's why I laughed at minority remain-voters falling for "racist Brexit" propaganda. :facepalm:
    Presumably because it means the end of free movement of people fro some brexiters.

This is unlikely if we want access to the single market.

ReputationRep:
    What does Muslim immigration have to do with the EU? the UK could control Muslim immigration now and it does.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Sisuphos)
    What does Muslim immigration have to do with the EU? the UK could control Muslim immigration now and it does.
    As pointed out the EU has an immigration policy. That indirectly affects the UK, even though we have opted out and control our own borders.

It also has a policy on free movement of people, some of whom will be muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Yea that's what I was thinking, like why would EU even relate to Muslims? :confused:
    Muslims are foreign

EU are foreign

QED

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.