The Student Room Group

Islamophobes - what are your solutions?

I'm genuinely intrigued. You guys are top notch about pointing out the problems, I don't think a single incident involving a Middle Eastern this year has gone unreported on the news section of this website, but how do you solve it?

What are your solutions to tackling down on what is purported to be "Islamic terrorism"?

Oh and please be careful not to violate our privacy or to deport / destroy the lives of millions of innocent people though.

Scroll to see replies

Make being religious illegal
Original post by leroythelost
Make being religious illegal

:facepalm:
why are you putting islamic terrorism in inverted commas?
This is going to be fun/slightly scary to watch..
Someone isn't an islamophobe for pointing out incidents that is perpentuated by Islamic teaching.
They end up attacking innocent Muslim women and children.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sleepysnooze
why are you putting islamic terrorism in inverted commas?

must have slipped when typing
Original post by loveleest
Someone isn't an islamophobe for pointing out incidents that is perpentuated by Islamic teaching.

whether or not Islam actually perpetuates them is disputable
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
must have slipped when typing

how do you slip and then make quotation marks appear on cue?
Whilst I fail to see how criticising Islam makes you an Islamophobe, since it is no different to criticising any other ideology or doctrine, as someone who has been critical of Islam in a couple of the many threads on this website I'll offer my perspective:

- Firstly, I'd cut down massively on immigration from Middle Eastern countries, mainly limiting it to students and a few professionals who are in particular demand in the jobs market.
- Secondly, I'd make it much more difficult to claim asylum here, and put a limit on the time those who do make it in can stay. I'd mainly aim to take in unaccompanied children, but people who are borderline-adult (to the extent where you cannot tell if they are a child or not as many in their early 20s have been slipping through the net) would require proper ID to be allowed in. That goes for all adults, so we can relocate them more easily after the war has finished.

That may help out with the longer-term goal of limiting the ways in which terrorists can access Britain. To address terrorism going on today:

- I'd give the police greater powers to investigate people who are under suspicion of being radicalised. In addition, those who are found to be spreading extremist messages into the wider community would be deported if not British, or imprisoned if they are.
- I'd introduce legislation to make it punishable by law for people not to report instances of radicalisation, and that goes for both Muslims and non-Muslims and terrorism of any kind, not just Islamic.

I'd also advocate greater powers for the security agencies, but since you've excluded that in the OP I won't go into any detail with it. I think all of these measures will help: reducing access for terrorists and rooting them out in communities that they have already penetrated.
(edited 7 years ago)
whether or not Islam actually perpetuates them is disputable

not really
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mt9USPUoUg&ab_channel=KrautandTea

I thought I would just leave this here.

Anyway, my solution would be discussing the problem, putting more plants in islamist groups, and stationing police in mosques.

It is a lot more nuanced than that, but I am doing something else at the moment, so I will detail later on if people wish.
And what would the solution from Islamophiles be? Your religion is being used as a front for terrorism and the spreading of misogyny, abuse and repressive laws, yet only islamophobes want to help? Ok.

My solutions in addition to those already posted would beeeee...

- Improve RE teaching in schools - my own personal experience in my school was poor. I'd encourage talks about religions that are in the local area as well as those more further afield, with a focus on open talks and debate without intention to offend. There's a difference between telling people believing in a god is stupid and telling someone the reasons why you personally don't believe. And a big problem is people don't know the division between rational debate and insulting because they've never had the opportunity to talk to real people about their religion.
- I'd ban faith schools. And I'd limit these new faith college things after school to 1 hour or less per day/week.
- I'd like If ban the wearing of religious dress until you are 16/18 and thus old enough to decide this for yourself. In England you are not considered a woman until this age and cannot have sex before 16... but do realise that in the real world this is probably unrealistic...
- I'd introduce tougher sentences against extreme religious leaders who promote non-British values and ban these people from speaking in public places etc.
- I'd cut off ALL ties with countries such as Saudi Arabia that promote abuse and violence and criticise the west. Why should we trade with and send money to such awful places?
- I'd introduce better anti radicalisation programmes for suspected terrorists... If you serve 2 years for plotting a terrorist act for example you should not be allowed out into the public into you can talk openly about religion and no longer harbour dangerous views... And in an ideal world this should happen for murderers and rapists too? Like some people commit to 3 times and reoffend? Mental. Educate prisoners and those at suspicion of radicalisation... Don't just question and make them feel 'watched'.
- I think changing the test for settling in the UK is important. Currently it asks questions like what day is saint Patrick's day (who cares) and should instead ask questions on more British values like do you consider men equal to women, should we stone homosexuals, is it ok to smoke pot, etc. You should also have to have decent standard of English and education (or should receive standard education and get qualifications that enable you to get a job).
- If after 5 years you fail to get a good standard of English then you should be offered further training in the language (and if you refuse then shouldn't be allowed to settle here).

These are just quick ones. If I think of any more I'll update y'all
(edited 7 years ago)
I would think islamophobes would simply just ban islam or something improbable like that. No like it's gonna help anyway because a lot of things are banned but people still find a way to do it .:tongue:
Original post by Jawsomesauce35
I would think islamophobes would simply just ban islam or something improbable like that. No like it's gonna help anyway because a lot of things are banned but people still find a way to do it .:tongue:

Obviously, somebody hasn't read the thread.
I'm genuinely intrigued. You guys are top notch about pointing out the problems, I don't think a single incident involving a Middle Eastern this year has gone unreported on the news section of this website, but how do you solve it?

What are your solutions to tackling down on what is purported to be "Islamic terrorism"?

Oh and please be careful not to violate our privacy or to deport / destroy the lives of millions of innocent people though.

Explain, define and provide evidence of Islamophobia please.

By the way, pointing out utter BS and providing no solutions is the royal discipline of the regressive left (I'm not talking about the rational normal-thinking left).
Reply 17
The same way other harmful ideologies are successfully dealt with - by pointing out why exactly they are harmful and creating awareness amongst the population. One of the biggest hurdles to this plan is reassuring people that by acknowleding these problems they aren't being racist, which certain people seem to get all bent out of shape about the moment you mention that islamic extremism is problematic.
The best way would be to fight Islamic terrorism without our collective hands being tied by political correctness, social reactions, political ties or allegiances. But that would never happen. Nice to see that you're going after those who point out the problems, and not the problem itself.
Reply 19

From a nationalistic point of view:

- Cease all military activity in the Middle East.

- Stop worrying about being viewed as "racist".

- Adopt a total ban on any further migration from majority muslim nations and the third world in general. Restrict migration to those from culturally and ethnically similar regions such as Northern/Western Europe, North America, Australia, NZ and limited numbers from highly developed East Asian countries.

- Genuine refugees upon being vetted and in numbers we can sustain, will be allowed to live here under strict supervision until the situation improves in their own country, upon which they will be returned home, no exceptions.

- Adopt a zero tolerance approach to domestic extremism, with deportation or imprisonment for any individual displaying the slightest whiff of Islamic extremism or anti-Western rhetoric. Other extremist movements that actively promote violence will also not be tolerated

- For the long term protection of our ethnic and cultural identity, the state should peacefully attempt to reverse the current multicultural trajectory, perhaps by providing some form of financial incentivisation for Muslims and other non-native populations to voluntarily leave the country.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending